Front brake and suspension refurb

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ian cox

Hi,
After an MOT failure on the condition of the lower arms and Flexi and solid rear brake lines, this head been advisories for a few years now, it is time for some spanner work.
Bought new arms, drop links and all 4 Flexi lines plus new fasteners and got to work. Boought some ARB bushes but then realised I need to drop the subframe to fit them oh well another day.
Put the liner through washing machine 90 degree wash with some new screws too.
Some usual rust but the foam guard behind the wheel liner did its job.

Before

Attachments

• 200703 FR.jpg
    200703 FR.jpg
    149 KB · Views: 46
That's interesting I was thinking of doing the same with wheelarch liners but I was worried they'd deform, I washed some car mats once and they disintegrated! I also thought after they'd dried out I would treat them with tent waterproofing spray stuff. But haven't got around to any of that yet!

Hi,
Area behind wheel liner in the inner wing top of spring area and right up against bulkhead. I am pretty happy.
Just need Expressed still panels to do a complete wing or a lower part 6" repair panel where it meets the front of the inner and outer sill.

I will bank that.
Now off to the NSF and then the rears.

Kind regards Ian

Attachments

• IMG_0350.jpeg
    IMG_0350.jpeg
    237.6 KB · Views: 44
  • IMG_0341.jpeg
    IMG_0341.jpeg
    310.1 KB · Views: 44
  • IMG_0340.jpeg
    IMG_0340.jpeg