front suspension

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

demonskull13

hi is the front suspension the same on both sides as ive got a faulty passenger side suspension and looked up a drivers side suspension and the passenger side looks like a mirror image of driver side as you ve got the 2 bolt holes on both so they would just swap over. The main thing is where the suspension coil ends it may be on the wrong side is this a issue or would it be o.k because of the rubber that fits between the suspension and the suspension mount. i will look on friday in the light but may need to drop the suspension out to check thankyou
jason :roll:

Hi Jason. The suspension is as you say same on both sides. Not sure what you mean by 'faulty' but I would suggest changing both sides at the same time. Remember, the front suspension carries the weight of the engine AND has to cope with your driving style too ;)

Hope this helps,
Rob.

thankyou rob what i mean as faulty was when a garage put my puma up and looked underneaf the one side had a space of 2 fingers between the top of the tyre and suspension whilst the other side had 1 and a half fingers gap i will fix it tommorow im only doing the one side as next year im putting a complete new set of suspension on thanks again jason :thumbs:

hi everyone i took my old suspension today and the bottom of the suspension was bent so i fitted my new (2nd hand) one that i got of ebay for £14.99 bargain and put it straight on took car for a test drive runs almost perfect now just need to get the tracking done as it is slightly off so am very pleased to get my puma back on the road next thing for me to replace is the front wheel bearings next year thanks for everyones advice
:thumbs: :p :grin:
jason

Back