FRP air filter help?

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mikeFRP

hi guys

is there anywhere that still sells the original FRP air box? A previous owner put a k n N induction kit on it, Its getting full of s*** being kicked up from the wheels that will eventually get into my engine :x but cant find an original?

If you cant get the original ones anymore, is there anything else you reccomend?

thanks

Mike

The FRP Air Box is a modified standard 1.7 air box as far as I remember.

You may be able to fabricate one with the right tools!

I'm not sure where you can buy new though, I had a quick scout around.

Could be worth giving PumaSpeed or PumaBuild a call :)

The standard airbox has it's air feed coming from a pipe heading towards the passenger side wing. The FRP has a pipe heading down towards the front bumper (capped off on std 1.7s) that takes air in from behind the front grille.
If you get a std airbox, you'll have to cap off the side hole and open up the downward facing one to be the same as an FRP.
(As far as I can remember ;) )

that sounds abit complicated to me, lol. is there any aftermarket idems out there that would over the same performance or better?

enclosed typhoon, or viper systems etc?

Trouble is Mike, the FRP airbox is regarded as the best way to filter the air into the engine as apposed to the other aftermarket ways.

yeah think it is stupid that a previous owner changed it to a aftermarket one. does make it sound good though :roll:

Back