Piper exhaust?

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KernowAudio

Hi there,

Not sure if this is the correct place to ask but I recently got my first puma (2001 reg, 1.7 with 46k genuine miles) and I'm in love. I'm slowly getting the bodywork done as the previous owner did a rather crap job sadly. I'm looking for an aftermarket exhaust, most likely cat-back rather than a full system.

I'm after a little more grumble but don't want to be the local yob haha. I've heard and read that aftermarket exhausts "CAN" increase BHP but reduce initial torque. The popular kit seems to be from Milltek which is no longer being made and I can only find the Piper kit of a super cheap Hoffman from eBay.

Does anyone have a newish video of a piper catback with a silencer? I assume it's not as loud as the decat and resonator removed, but I wonder how they sound with a stock of a 1.7 engine. I also saw a post that mentioned how the basic box K&N filter helps with the induction noise which I may get.

Cheers everyone, I've already been looking at projects and cant wait to get stuck in :grin:

Many people start with the FRP Air Box mod:
https://www.projectpuma.com/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=4781

yes is the main benefit. with only a bmc sport filter i have reaced a great sound from the airbox in acceleration, but for your question one great exhaust is the sportex, i like how it sounds, other exhausts make only a fartcan sound unfortunately. now i open a new topic, i ask what is the best exhaust, probably our project friends have tested a lot of exhaust im curious to know what is the best. :)

Back