FRP Duratec Turbo Project!

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow! Looks really good, i need to get some of those! Not keen on the blue discs,but id take those clocks anyday! :thumbs:

Thanks for the positive comments!! :thumbs:

Oh, and i forgot to mention, BIG thanks to Jacko for all the brake bolts, saved me loads of time and money! Think ill be hitting you up for another set soon (if you have them)!! :cool:

Thanks for the positive comments!! :thumbs:

Oh, and i forgot to mention, BIG thanks to Jacko for all the brake bolts, saved me loads of time and money! Think ill be hitting you up for another set soon (if you have them)!! :cool:

The clocks are a top job, mate! I really like them. Come to that, you could probably make nice living out installing those clocks in new mondeo.. :lol: I hate those clocks on mondeo, S-max nad galaxy in top specs cars..
These do look nice. Did you find some use for the second LCD in tacho (consumption, outside temp etc...)?

Wild E. Coyote said:
The clocks are a top job, mate! I really like them. Come to that, you could probably make nice living out installing those clocks in new mondeo.. :lol: I hate those clocks on mondeo, S-max nad galaxy in top specs cars..
These do look nice. Did you find some use for the second LCD in tacho (consumption, outside temp etc...)?

Not yet, i think i might go for outside temp, but im afraid that if i get too greedy, i might break these too!! :oops: But i think outside temp would be the simplest!

no probs mate. dont keep 'stock' but happy to get you another set.

frp brochure says 270mm rear discs...dont exist!!! 253mm focus 2.0 or 280mm st170

jacko said:
frp brochure says 270mm rear discs...dont exist!!! 253mm focus 2.0 or 280mm st170

This is why i LOVE this site, so there are plenty of other options for rear disks. Priceless info!!!

Thanks again Marcus and Jacko, im off to order some rear discs now then!!

A few updates

Got a keyway machined into my crankshaft, its normally the same as the puma one just held in place by the the clamping force of the pulley bolt, and known to slip and ruin an engine.
PICT0411.jpg

PICT0413.jpg

PICT0414.jpg

PICT0415.jpg

Bores were good on the block, still have the original honing marks in, but just very shiny, so needed de-glazing with the tool in the pic
PICT0416.jpg

You just put engine oil around the bores and put the de-glazing tool in a drill, and go up and down the bore. It helps bed the piston rings in!
PICT0417.jpg

PICT0418.jpg

PICT0419.jpg

The bore on the right has been done, the bore on the left is still glazed
PICT0420.jpg

Then took the engine outside and jet washed it!
PICT0421.jpg

PICT0423.jpg

Thought id spray it blue, will look better, and should see any oil leaks easier!
PICT0426.jpg

PICT0427.jpg

PICT0428.jpg

PICT0429.jpg

Now its time to fit con rods and pistons! :grin:
PICT0430.jpg

PICT0431.jpg

First job, gapping the rings, push the rings square into the bore, and check the gaps in the rings, the correct gap for mine is .070"
PICT0432.jpg

PICT0434.jpg

Once gapped, its time to fit rings to the pistons. The gaps need to be in a specific place, the top ring gap on the opposite side from the gap on the 2nd ring, then the oil ring at a different orientation again!
PICT0435.jpg

Next to fit the main bearings. Cleaned up the bearing carriers, and then a thin coat of oil before the bearings go in, then another thin coat of oil on top to accept the crankshaft.
PICT0436.jpg

PICT0437.jpg

PICT0438.jpg

PICT0439.jpg

Then ARP main caps were fitted, and torqued up
PICT0440.jpg

PICT0441.jpg

PICT0442.jpg

Finally engine with pistons fitted
PICT0443.jpg

looking good!! did you take photos of the back of the clocks as you built them?? Would be good to make a guide. Would be useful not just for us lot but anyone doing an engine swap on a late ford as pretty much all the fords post 2000 use databus comms on the dash and hence a conversion like yours needed to keep all of it working.

Its been a very sad day for me, some JACK-ASS forgot to put his handbrake on, and guess what lay in its path of destruction, its the passat in this pic!
PICT0446.jpg

My baby took the bruntnt of it, moved it about 2 meters into my garage door!!
Damaged.jpg

I know they wont be able to get the bumper from ford, so are they going to write it off? The tailgate is bent and twisted up on the right, and the bumper is obviusly nakard, and i cant open the boot. The wings and boot floor look straight.

Ive phoned my insurance and they are going to call me on monday. Any suggestions on what the best course of action is, i dont want my car to be a cat "d", and i dont want them to take it away, and what sort of money are they likely to offer me for it??

Argh bloody gutted for you mate!! :evil:

Aaron aka Bentleya has 2 rear bumpers available, I've just pointed him in your direction so do not fear, all is not lost!

Ah mate, thats spot on, is he on here?? Where about is he?? If someone could get me contact details or if he can contact me, that would be great.

I wanted to rip the guys head off!! No appology, or anything, he just said "its one of those things, its an accident"!! :x

I nearly tore his arm off and beat him with the soggy end!! "accidentally" of course!!

Cheers guys, just PM'd him, so well see what happens. Theres NO WAY im breaking this car, its not an option, ive put WAY too much time and effort to call it a day! Ive poke to a guy who breakes pumas, he has one for £50, but hes one of them snakes that id really rather not deal with!!! Id prefer to buy of a puma owner really, not a money grabbing scumbag!! :lol:

what an arsehole,maybe some brake fluid will accidently spray on his car sometime while your bleeding the brakes lol
Hope you get it sorted out tho and quickly... :eek:k:

martinthrapston said:
what an arsehole,maybe some brake fluid will accidently spray on his car sometime while your bleeding the brakes lol
Hope you get it sorted out tho and quickly... :eek:k:

Lol, yeah that brake fluid can spray some distance if your not careful, and i also have a few old car batteries that have a mind of their own, his car has just become a magnet to the acid in them!!

Cheers for the support though guys, other people just dont understand!!! My cars are my life, i have 4 other cars on the drive, and it had to hit THAT CAR!!! :cry:

I'm with you on the car side, all my money seems to go her, the girlfriend doesn't seem to understand the bond :lol:

Back