FRP front set up

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tasha'N'Dean

Hi all,

I'm currently in middle of fitting a frp bodykit and I'm looking to get together the parts for the correct widened front set up.

If anyone can help and knows where I can get required parts such as knuckles, drive shafts, wishbones etc. I would much appreciate the help in sourcing them. Also does anyone have an idea of prices should expect to pay I know it won't be cheap but at the same time don't want to pay over odds?

Also I have heard focus parts can possible be used apart from the hub knuckles is this true? Would this be a possibly way to go once I have a set of knuckles?

Many thanks, Dean

Hi,
The Frp wishbones are wider the standard wishbones can be extended or they do come up on eBay from time to time.
The knuckles are standard puma knuckles but also modified to fit the suspension there's a pair on eBay for £400.
Drive shafts are specific but I've heard a focus one does fit (just)

Pumabuild is your best bet for parts but beware you will end up paying ££££££££
Or waiting on eBay for bits to pop up

As above, Pumabuild are asking £300 for one FRP knuckle (without bearing or ABS ring) . That should give you an idea of what you would expect to pay second hand.
New drive shafts £150 each.Track rod £65
Not sure on price of wishbones but they're not cheap either :roll:
You may be right, I think Focus drive shafts and track rods can be used, but wishbones are a different shape.
And you're definitely correct..it won't be cheap.
Paul

Well put a bid on ebay in for the knuckles and next thing they were taken down by the seller. Hate it when that happens, thanks for the replies looks like it will be pumabuild and constant searching on ebay for me then.

Latest posts

Back