Fuel line replacement.

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

clavfunk75

Can anyone recommend a kit or just fuel line to replace what I have?

I’ve managed to kink the fuel line just above the sender and also in another place further up.

What’s the best option for fuel lines and couplings?

Thanks

If the kinks haven't actually fractured the line , try to straighten by gently heating with a hairdryer or boiling water, warming it might return them to their original shape.

Took the old plastic lines off from steel line to tank. I notice the tubes were just pushed onto the steel lines without any fuel clamps.

Am I ok to do the same again but I’ll add fuel clips and push the hose on as far as it’ll go?

The white fuel pipe to engine fittings are just push fit on and are probably made by John Guest. Give their technical line a call if you need any extra fittings to repair your line armed with the size in mm of the outside diameter of the plastic pipe you wish to join near the petrol tank.

or just change the plastic line to ordinary fuel line. my plastic lines did start to crackle and leak. reuse the quick couplings if they look ok.

Back