Fuel pipe connection

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dwighet

Lads Im after the white fuel connection as seen in the pic...
I have tried various breakers around my area(Ireland) but not having any luck..
I noticed its not sealing to good as I was rooting around at the temp sender and a shot of petrol came out of it when I knocked the plastic pipe...
Its just the connector im after as I can replace the hard plastic pipe with a flexi fuel hose of the same ID.

Any Ideas???
20140408_124259_zpsd7d7297d.jpg

zinc2000 said:
If you replace the pipe with flexi hose can you not just clamp it with a jubilee clip?
I was thinking of that over dinner...I will have to get the verniers out and measure the diameter Of the steel pipe it connects to on the bulk head...

That would be an easier solution..

Cheers

I recon companies like Aeroquip make stuff like that,
go to a major online shop like demon tweeks and see whats available

also, I dont think a jubilee would do the job.
there is no ridge around the end of the tube, I wouldnt want to cut corners with my fuel lines...

There's no ridge on the end of the tube for the existing fitting as well so I reckon a properly sized good quality jubilee would do the job. The important thing is to make sure you get the correct hose both in size and pressure and fuel quality.
Barry

I can give you the correct end fitting but you'd still need to attach it to the rest of the pipe.

So it'll need a jubilee somewhere - either one to connect a Ford spec connector or two - once to join the pipes and once to fit to the fuel rail.

The only other alternative is replace the complete pipe - again these are on the shelf but collection only as the length prohibits any sort of delivery.

If you match the diameters closely enough and get a good quality fastener you will mitigate the risk of bodging the pipe, fuel pressure is around 3 bar which is well within the capability of a good repair.

Comment edited/removed because I am speaking about a fuel clip in a completely different location to the OP's issue.

Muppet. :derr:

Back