fuel pump

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

john57111

Hi my puma has been stood for a couple of months came to start it it wont go i have
traced it down to the fuel pump no fuel comes out of the lines when i crank it over,
and it does not prime when i turn on the ignition, i have checked the fuse and the relay they are fine so just wanted to check i have power to the pump before i go and remove the tank to get at the pump, but not sure what colour is the live wire the are five wires three thin wires that i think would go to the sender and two larger wires a black one and a purple & brown, i have tested these two wires with a probe and they both come up as earth i would have thought one would be live can any one help with this
Thanks
John

i think theres some fuses in the engine bay for the pump also have you checked those

Take off the carpet on the passenger footwell and take the plug off the fuel cut off switch, put 12v to the middle pin and the pump should run.

Thanks for that so if i put 12v to the middle pin and pump does not run i can take it as been the pump
i will try that tomorrow and let you know, Thanks again

Back