General Insurance Chat

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
lukeb said:
Tom your on allcorsa am i right?... if so i've seen you around there as i used to have a corsa and now have a puma..
My insurance is the same £2200...!!!!!!! But im 20years old 0ncb driving 3years (As i was on my parents cover on my corsa(NOT NAMED DRIVER.. was like a multi car thing) i still dont get ncb) so i left
But my just 1st ncb is coming up so i did a quote with adrian flux was £1400'ish but thats without club discount so im not sure what im looking at :( but still thats alot when im heading to uni!!

Yup that's me! good choice ditching the corsa! :lol: The insurance is a joke, im currently on a multi car with admiral, but i've been told i get a year no claims at the end of it all. (i fecking hope i do anyway lol!) There's going to be no one driving at the rate its going, petrol and insurance are making it impossible for young drivers to drive :(

i was happy with mine this time round im 18 and it has gone down to £1075 fully comp and all mods declared, with 1 ncb but last year it was close to £2500 3rd party, so im not complaining, but it is a 1.4

£520 over 10 months so could be around £420 if paid up front.8years ncb no points safe area,and with my broker brentacre i have free mods on styling providing i let them no first.but just declared my only mod the full exhaust as yet.maybe a boot spoiler soon

Mines gonna be £1589, fully standard, 18, 18 months driving and 0 NCB so not terrible. It's a 1.7 so actually thinking about it's not that bad :roll:

vekma said:
they are taking the p1ss now cheapest i can get using all comparsion sites is about £500 last year it was near £300

im 37
full ncb
no claims
no points
safe postcode well i think it is

i just so how i could be any lower risk

with this and petrol prices its just not worth going to work anymore, any tips on getting sacked then i can get a giro

As the original post (quoted) has degenerated into another "I'm paying £2.50 a year with 40 years NCB, I live on the Moon, I'm 105 and a hermaphrodite" kind of thread, I've merged it with the existing insurance chat thread... :roll:

im 17, have a years ncb and am paying £820 fully comp this year. not too bad but the original quote was over £1400 so was straight on the phone, and it dropped by nearly £600. moral of the story is, dont trust automatic renewals with admiral, they try to rip you off. x

thfc said:
Mines gonna be £1589, fully standard, 18, 18 months driving and 0 NCB so not terrible. It's a 1.7 so actually thinking about it's not that bad :roll:

Got mine to come down nearly 200quid :D :D :D :D
Although I did do a quote using my old Megane Coupe and it came in at under a grand :'( lol

i jst got a quote for my first puma 1.7 it was £880 alltogether ime 24 an got 5 yrs no claims bonus thats with the club discount at adrian flux. i think thats a proper bargain as ive only spent £800 on my puma an its only done 55 thousand miles

rach93 said:
im 17, have a years ncb and am paying £820 fully comp this year. not too bad but the original quote was over £1400 so was straight on the phone, and it dropped by nearly £600. moral of the story is, dont trust automatic renewals with admiral, they try to rip you off. x

17 with 1ncb? From a moped?

just had to folk out £500 to transfer my insuerance from my Puma too a Calibra for 4 months!!!! the car was free though so it was cheaper than going out and buying a half decent car still felt ripped off

Tom B>>>>>17 with 1ncb? From a moped?

Nope, 10 month admiral policy that gets a years no claims at the end of it :) xx

ive just had a quote from admiral with all my mods it comes in at 1600 :thumbs: thats a saving of aroun 600quid :thumbs:

anyone no cheap car insurances??? just got a quote from adrian flux £1100 full comp and im 28 years for me 1.7 puma is a F*@king joke plus i dont have points or convictions

Adrian Flux tend to offer good quotes for people with modified cars. If yours isn't, then you'd be better off going to one of the price comparison sites such as http://www.moneysupermarket.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; or http://www.gocompare.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; to find a mainstream insurer that will probably give you a cheaper policy.

That's what I said wasn't it?

After a little *cough* edit..

Back