General Insurance Chat

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
well the boys at sky insurance have sorted me out for me puma, 70 notes a month im happy with that, so anyway else looking for a quote give those guys a call,

Got my renewal through and nearly spat my tea out. An online quote with the same company for exactly the same cover was £100 cheaper. After a phone call they tell me they can match the online price. I should hope so too!

Still £100 more than I can get the same cover elsewhere though (including the same excesses) so won't be renewing with them! :lol:

i just paid £260 9 years ncb no points fully comp down from £600 on my eclass merc with tesco

Hi

Just thought I would share my insurance hassels and result.

Been searching every search engine and making every call you can think of, I'm 33, been on my husbands insurance as a named driver for the last 9 years, unfortunately I had a claim in March 2010 (my fault), but the no claims were protected. For me to be the proposed driver and my husband as an extra driver all the quotes ranged from £1100-£2800 Third party, fire and theft.

As soon as we switched it round to hubby being proposed driver (still with no claim bonus, as it is used on our 1st car) the insurance came down to £70 a month and this includes national breakdown and personal injury. We took the insurance through Admiral the guy we dealt with is called Sean and he gave us 25% discount on literally everything, and this was just because we promised to insure our 1st car with Admiral for the 6 weeks from 03/09/12-02/011/12 which is the gap between both cars will need insurance at the same time, for this 6 weeks we will be charged £98 which is for both the puma and the saab.

We also asked if when my hubby trasfers ownership of the puma to me wether it would effect the policy fee, and it won't. So if you're struggling I hope this helps you.

Natasha

I am 28, passed my test in January. keep the car locked in a secure compound and i pay £1800 :twisted:

I'm shocked. I'll cut to the chase, here's my details that I gave for a quote:

- 24 year old male
- Full UK licence for 3 years
- 3 and a half years NCB
- Not a single claim, accident or point on my licence
- Work as a full time TV visual effects artist
- I'm the only driver

I've just quoted for a Puma that was worth £995, made in 1999 and I've been quoted £2,000 a year?!

That was Kwik-fit insurance, but SERIOUSLY?! Quinn was £3,400! Surely it can't be THAT expensive with my details?!!!

Please tell me there's cheaper insurance than that.. I've been wanting a Puma for a year and a half, only to be shot down by this. I refuse to believe it.

I dont think your job helps, they always say people who work in TV get stung..

Have you tried the comparison sites, or one of the insurance sponsors :)

Phew, I just did what you said. Kwik-fit was £2000 like said, but 'Premium' was £667 a year - so that's about £55 a month!

Ohh panic over. Really glad about that! Thank you :)

Here's a picture showing some quotes if anyone's interested. Had the shock of my life!

(Click to resize)
captureuxd.png

I've never heard of Premium Choice Insurance, and a quick google search for reviews reveals that you might be best avoiding them https://www.moneysupermarket.com/c/car-insurance/premium-choice/reviews/179/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Don't forget to try the other comparison sites, as not all companies are covered. Plus there's Direct Line, First Direct and a couple of others that don't show up on comparison sites. Also try Sky Insurance and Adrian Flux who can give competitive deals for club members.

Cheers for the link on the reviews bud, some useful information there! I'll be shopping around for sure...

I found that after a pretty lengthy talk trying to find a way to get my quote down with my insurer at renewal time, that shortly after calling them rapists the advisor suddenly mentioned he had a discretionary £30 discount he could apply to my quote.

Crazily after asking if garaging my car would be cheaper I was told it would cost more, when I asked why I was told because I may drive my car into the wall at the back of a garage. Rapists!

I would recommend either Adrian Flux or Chris Knott - i've been insured through A.Flux for years but currently with C.Knott as they beat Flux's renewal quote last year. Both great for if your car has any modifications aswell.

Premium Choice are a customer of the company I work for and I'm going to their office on Monday!

quest63 said:
I would recommend either Adrian Flux or Chris Knott

Will give them a try next time cheers :thumbs:

i would advise avoiding adrian flux like the plague.... there a broker and are a pain in the arse to deal with, i was with them for 3 weeks and i will never go back to them again!

in my own experience elephant/admiral are so good, and easy to deal with, there the same company but admiral tends to work out a little bit cheaper for me, i have multicar policy and i pay £400 for my puma and £350 for my focus, being 24, driving since 17, 4 years NCB, no accidents and no penalty points, plus with a multicar you earn 2 years NCB for 1 years insurance whcih is handy!!

also a handy tip..put your girlfriend/wife/mum/sister/whatever on your policy, ive got lucy on my policy and it makes it about £300 a year cheaper, aslong as theyve got a clean license it can knock 100's off your policy!

Back