Guess who's back

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dal

Administrator
Staff member
Not had him for what seems like ages, so he is kind of a newbie with a new "heart".

giggles_01_081207.jpg

Nice and shiny new heart:
giggles__03_081207.jpg

What's left of the engine is still in the boot :lol:
giggles__02_081207.jpg

So far it feels a bit more torquey (sp) and tighter than the old engine, probably because it's not about to go tits up.

:D

Puma Babe said:
I thought Torquey was a reosrt on the English riviera?

No, that's Torquay, and it's resort, not reosrt :p

Yes Neil - great to have him back.

cherwass said:
Glad Giggles is back. Engine looks nice! Bet you are driving around with that grin again. U'll miss him when he is gone!

The grin is coming back, and it might be hard to let the grin go tbh

crystalpuma said:
Time to fall in love all over again :D

1st drive down the lanes to work tomorrow morning : we'll see.

They're in the shed - it stinks of oil in there now!

Need the windows open tomorrow! Any excuse to listen to the Milltek for the 1st time in over a month :eek:k:

Didn't blast to be honest as it was very damp and there was loads of mud on the roads what with the tractors etc. - but it felt nice and tight compared to the mondeo!

Was thinking (dangerous I know)

Might be better the devil you know and it's not as if I haven't spent enough on it already since august 2006:

• New 50K mile engine - fully serviced.
    Stainless Milltek Cat back exhaust.
    Weitec suspension all round.
    Powerflex bushes all round.
    Gearbox referbished as previous owner crunched reverse in causing shavings to seize it up.
    New clutch.
    New bigger calipers/discs & Mintex Xtreme pads up front, new shoes & cylinders at rear.
    FRP remapping.
    £'s worth of custom stealth stereo / amp / sub etc fitted by me. (I used to do it as a side line years ago)
    New wheels and tyres. (Fox / Toyo)

plus servicing..

What else can go wrong with it? Any car can go tits up tomorrow anyway : at least I know the above is ok.

:hide:

I knew you'd see sense.

Keep it, you know you want to.

Try shopping round for cheaper insurance perhaps on an agreed value with limited mileage and keep the mondeo as the winter hack

Pumas insurance is paid up until june. Need to find somewhere to insure the mondeo cheaply really.

Back