Handbrake Warning Light Fault

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's not a warning for "low pads" just that if the piston is closer to the disc because teh pads have worn, the brake fluid level will drop. It's that that causes the light to come on as you haven't really got your fluid level as high as it should be.

Dal said:
It's not a warning for "low pads" just that if the piston is closer to the disc because teh pads have worn, the brake fluid level will drop. It's that that causes the light to come on as you haven't really got your fluid level as high as it should be.

Gotcha! So between now and getting my discs looked at, I can expect the fluid level to drop a bit still (I just topped it up)??

Not unless your pads suddenly wear another mm or two. Look at your brake fluid resevoir - I bet it's under the Min mark.

Dal said:
Not unless your pads suddenly wear another mm or two. Look at your brake fluid resevoir - I bet it's under the Min mark.

It was at the min mark, then I filled it up like I said. Keeping an eye on it until I get the brakes looked at.

Latest posts

Back