Headlight bulbs

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dal

Administrator
Staff member
What makes / models can people recommend?

Mine look incredibly dim these days and I've cleaned / polished the headlights so can only assume the bulbs are dimming with age.

PIAA Platinum White are good. Although you may as well import a HID kit for the price!

Dan said:
PIAA Platinum White are good. Although you may as well import a HID kit for the price!

£77.50?
faintthud.gif

http://www.directcarparts.co.uk/buy-car" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ... 13127.html

Mr Malin has a HID kit on his - seems an awful lot of effort for a bit more light!

I'm rather happy with my Halford SuperBright bulbs, IIRC they're on 2 for 1 again at the moment, so £20 for a pair which is extremely good value. I think they're Osram bulbs underneath, so good quality in their own right

I might be heading for halfords tomorow too!

:eek:k:

Excellent stuff, I noticed the difference immediately on mine. Try swapping them out one at a time...

Put them in yesterday and there is a noticable difference. It's much 'whiter' and more defined. By defined I mean that you can actually see where the light ends, rather than sort of fading after 10ft in front of the car.
It's suprising how yellow the old lights must have been compared to the new ones. Well worth doing.

:eek:k:

Midnight Blue said:
Just got another couple and replaced the blue ones in my main beams.

Do you use your main beam that much that you can tell the difference?

Just back from a decent drive in the dark - down narrow / wide B roads in total darkness. The diffrence is even more marked than I thought.

Get better bulbs - it makes a hell of a difference.

It's so much better now that I can now see that my headlight aim should be lowered a bit as my rear suspension is a bit lower than the front.

I just upgraded my headlight bulbs to HB3 LASER XENON's
They suposedly give 30 - 50% better vision. I can notice a slight difference as well as a blue tinge but maybe its the fact that older bulbs dont perform as well.

I wondered if they were road legal but they appear to be stamped with all the right markings for UK use.

On the drive back from telford over the weekend when it was dusky i couldnt even tell mine were on. And ive got the philips bluevisions. Im tempted to get the headlights and give them a clean from the inside but this is a real pain of a job without replacements to put in while you wait.

Back