Headlight bulbs

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got to be careful with higher power bulbs as the lens is only plastic, not glass, so it's easy to deform / bugger it up with too much heat.

My Hellfrauds "Super Brilliance" still suprise me with how much better they are.

Try some Megs Plastix on the outside of the headlights too. It can help with the beam ;)

The ones i got stated they were suitable for plastic headlight use. Do I believe the packaging now....????

If they state that, then you should be ok I'd have thought.

rpettigrew said:
I just upgraded my headlight bulbs to HB3 LASER XENON's
They suposedly give 30 - 50% better vision. I can notice a slight difference as well as a blue tinge but maybe its the fact that older bulbs dont perform as well.

I wondered if they were road legal but they appear to be stamped with all the right markings for UK use.

Did you get them off eBay? What brand are they?

I would strongly recommend not using unbranded bulbs- the headlights are expesive, the bulbs are cheap. If the bulbs go pop they could cost you more than a set of bulbs...

'Safe for use with plastic lenses' usually means they have a UV light filter. UV light causes plastics to yellow over time.

Nope not ebay, local car shop. Cant remember the brand as thrown away packaging. Will check the bulb stamping next time I'm under the bonnet and let you know.

Latest posts

Back