Headlight Film

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tula

Hi Guys,,looking for your words of wisdom once again!!My N.S headlight has ,what looks like,a slight film of possibly varnish? over part of it.Have tried white spirit,T.cut and gently scraped it all to no avail.It seems to have become slightly worse these last two weeks.Any ideas how to remove it,if not a new headlight cover will be necessary,plus the fact its annoying me,cos the rest of her is almost immaculate.Yippikiay,,,those seat belt holders worked!!thankyou again :grin: xxxxxxx

Good news about the seatbelt clips :eek:k:

Concerning your headlight - this might be what has happened to a replacement one I bought for mine. I thought it had a film of muck/grease/laquer or god knows what but I also tried cleaning it with all manner of things and a few of us realised it was just age!!!

It looks like after a long while the lens just 'crazes' (I'm sure that's a word...lol) which makes it look like it's dirty all the time. Might be the same issue here.

Luckily I have my original light lens so am going to just swap the internals which may be the route for you. If you buy a second hand one though make sure you see it and can compare it with your good one.

Thankyou once again!!Where would I get one from that wouldnt cost me a fortune,and is it easy to fit? xx

Ebay is probably your best bet but it's a gamble as to what condition it is as pictures don't tell the full story. Alternatively try a local scrap yard near you so you can at least compare it with your good one.

As for swapping the lenses it's dead easy, a few clips here and there and jobs done. Should be a few guides regarding lights on here so have a search if you decide to buy one.

I paid £50 for a pair of lights off 2 Ebay auctions, £25 each being roughly the going rate, only wanted one and only wanted the internals really but I got carried away. They were local so I knew I could get them straight away which was one reason for bidding a little more. You can get them cheaper if your prepared to wait a bit longer.

Many thanks again for your words of wisdom :roll: I will let you know how I progress........I would love to post a photo on here of my pride and joy,,but I,m useless with all computerised objects.Wil try and sit down one day and persevere.Will let you know how succesful,, or not,, with the light.xxxxx

yippeekiay said:
It looks like after a long while the lens just 'crazes' (I'm sure that's a word...lol) which makes it look like it's dirty all the time. Might be the same issue here.

I think you made that word up yip! :p

Yeah my lights have done the same but by polishing them really thoroughly I get rid of it, but it keeps coming back, so going to have to bite the bullet and invest in some new lenses too!

I knew I should of kept my lens that I took off my air filter modded light.

I'll see if I did take it to the barn. If so anyone that wants it can have it for postage cost.

Back