Heat Shield fix.

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nippydee

Quick question.

Heat shield is loose causing dddddrrrrring rattle only in reverse. Is there a bolt or fix for this issue? Ive located the site of problem but not sure how to tackle it.
Searched but only found Warrens parts for sale thread.
Cheers x

The heat shields are pretty pliable, so whichever bit is vibrating, you should be able to bend or fasten it somehow so that it doesn't.

Drastic solution; rip it off! In the short term, you won't do any damage if it's not there.

:D

Ill try bending it first and see what happens during the week.
Pips doesnt go out much now as im resting alot, only really 36 miles a week unless I go up to my folks. Id rather keep it on, for if it came with car it must be there for a reason... (I agree i'd normally rip it off but im mmmm-ing and ahhh-ing)

Odd noise though, like a ruler being pinged off a desk :lol:

nippydee said:
Quick question.

Heat shield is loose causing dddddrrrrring rattle only in reverse. Is there a bolt or fix for this issue? Ive located the site of problem but not sure how to tackle it.

Is it a secret, or will you tell us where it is! :grin:

lol...

its to the rear of the backbox, on the left as you look underneath along the exhaust, where the shield bends?

Had a poke about and managed to move it away from the exhaust (aye twas lahl bit hot) Steve has gone to work in Pips, so will report back to me in the morning..

Ripped it off, lovely lad at garage put car up on ramp.

Held on by just one fixing, the rest had 'grown' and slipped over. The whole piece was wriggled out from behind the exhaust where its been balanced and wobbling making the ddddddrrring noise...ahhh...

Got to get used to the silence now :)

My mid-section heat-shield had torn free from the retaining studs and was causing a bit of a rattle at times. It was fixed through the use of some old guitar strings and the fine art of windlass.

ripped mine out from back to front. it had to come off the change the handbrake cable anyway so ill be heat wrapping mine now :)

Back