Heater Issue

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beko1987

Hi guys. Typingse this on my phone, so apologies for any spelling!

Following my recent post, myself and a friend replaced the thermostat, thermostat housing and the hcv after the output plastic outlet crumbled away.

I flushed the system by putting the hose to the input hose on the radiator, and flushed brown then coolant then water out. We connected everything, filled the Rad with water, then the header then fired her up.

After idling for 15 mins, the heating was stone cold. We took the header tank cap off, and loads of air bubbled out. We topped the coolant up and went for a drive.

Everything was suddenly hot! Very hot, on hot and cold in the cabin. Then the header tank cap blew off. Lots more air was bubbling out. The radiator pipes didn't seem to be full of water. We called it a night and I drove home with the heaters on. The car is now parked with the header cap off, I'm hoping when it cools the pressure will escape or something.

The hcv came from allparts as Ford was closed. Its plumbed up as the old one was.
the thermostat came fromeuro car parts.
Thermostat housing came from Ford.

If you had the thermostat fitted when you flushed through the radiator input hose with cold water, you will not have flushed the complete system.
If you flushed and drained the system, you should have been able to put 3 litres of coolant and then 2+ litres of water in, prior to starting the engine.
Have a read here:
http://www.projectpuma.com/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=9818" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Sounds like you haven't bled it properly you need to run the car up to temp with the cap off

Morning guys, thanks for the input.

Thermo was out when I did the flush, although we may not have come to temp with the cap off. Hopefully it may have sorted itself, otherwise I will try that this afternoon

Latest posts

Back