Heater problem and drivers door problem

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Michelle.Le

hey,

I have just introduced myself in the newbie section.

I have a couple of problems with our W reg Ford Puma on a 2000 plate.

First problem which i've heard is quite common is the heater being constantly on while the car is running, we've changed the heater control valve which hasn't cured it.

Second problem is I was driving the car the other day and for my own secruity locked myself in, a few seconds later a couple of cars were flashing me, i looked at the dashboard and the hazard warning lights had come one, i clicked the red hazard button which didn't make any difference so for some unknown reason i un-locked the drivers door and they went out?!?

Just to add that we are unable to un-lock the car from the drivers side but can lock it from the drivers side if that makes sense?!

We have a friend who has a diagnostic machine so hopefully over the weekend we'll plug it in and it might give us some answers.

For the time being though re: the heater problem my husband who is a motor mechanic anyway has bypassed the heater matrix which has luckily stopped the heat in this weather!!

Anyone know the answer to our problems?

Many Thanks in advance for reading my essay lol

Michelle x

check the heater panel as they sometimes go wrong and cause the hcv to stay hot,as for the door sounds like there is an issue with the drivers side locking system,could be something as simple as a rod has come away or motor/switch unit needs replacing...

The heater is alwys on in that it's always blowing hot?

Is your interior light working ok? I had a fuse go once which caused the same problem but I think it also knocks out the interoir light and clock.

red said:
The heater is alwys on in that it's always blowing hot?

Is your interior light working ok? I had a fuse go once which caused the same problem but I think it also knocks out the interoir light and clock.

Hi,

Thanks for replying. Yes the interior light does work and yes the heater is always on hot (apart from now as my husband has bypassed the matrix)

A friend tested the heater control panel last night and from the results it looks like that is the cause.

We have found a new/used (hopefully it works) heater control panel so hopefully that will cure the problem.

Michelle x

Back