heater speed back light

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pumba

turn the lights on and all dash lights come on turn fan speed on to 1 and the light goes out behind it and half way over the temp dial?does it most days? could it just that the bulb is coming out? but also blowing a lot of cig lighter fues'es whenever i put sat nav in?

any idea's

thanks

There are 2 bulbs lighting up the heater panel display, it's likely one is on the way out.

The bulbs probably need replacing if they work intermittently.

thanks BOK, do you know what size the bulbs are? and would the cover be same as fiesta to remove, bolts behind cd and ashtray?

You need to remove the heater panel- remove the stereo, then 2 crosshead screws on the top of the panel. Unclip the cig lighter (if applicable), fan switch and the multi connector at the base of the panel. Finally unclip the cable for the direction knob (note this is keyed, make sure this is clipped back in properly before replacing the fixing screws and stereo).

The bulbs are twist fit in bulb holders in the rear panel. The bulbs themselves pull out of the bulb holder.
12V 1.2W 286 bulbs
http://www.consumabulbs.com/files/bdet.php?id=63" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

thanks BOK, i will do it tomorow if its not to dark when i finish work

thanks

Back