Hello, from a proud new owner.

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BarryY

Hi everybody,

Thought I'd introduce myself, I'm Barry. Just moved to the Reading area and needed a car to commute in, I have been looking at Puma's for a while now and they all seemed to be either too expensive for my needs or too rusty to bother with, however I found one today and went to have a look at it, its perfect! Its a 2000 Model in Pacific Green with a lux pack with 90K. It has had one lady owner from new and she kept it serviced at Ford all its life. She is putting it through the MOT for me on Tuesday and providing all goes well I should have it Tues eve. I think I got a bit of a bargain at £650.

I think this must be the start of my mid life crisis as I turn 40 next week!

Once I have it I'm sure I will be asking for advice on many matters, I don't plan to modify it but want to do the usual things, treat the rust and waxoil it etc for a start and then who knows what!

I have been reading through the Projects on here with interest, some fantastic projects, extremely well done, I don't intent to be quite so adventurous but you never can tell!

I'll post some pics as soon as I have my sticky mits on it.

Barry

Hello and welcome! :thumbs: Mid life crisis :shock: ...never...just get it out on the open road and give it a burn....or on a twisty windy stretch...doesnt matter...youll soon have that grin on youre face teht all Puma owners get :grin: ! Enjoy!!

quest63 said:
Welcome aboard :thumbs: A tasteful choice I think, but I'm a little biased :)
Well, that's if you like your colour to look faded..! :p

Welcome along by the way!

Hi everybody, thanks for the warm welcome. I have been very lucky again as the previous owner called me last night to say it has passed its MOT and she has put a new tyre on it too! So I have now collected my green machine! Unfortunately not really had a chance to drive it properly yet apart from taking the family out shopping today so the opportunities to get it out for a bit of a thrashing were nil. I have given it a bit a wash and started to get rid of the grime and moss on it. It was previously parked under a tree so there is green all around the window seals and along the roof gutters but it is coming up very nice.
No chance to get any photos of her yet, but once she is all cleaned up I will get some decent pics.

The previous owner was meticulous and kept all previous receipts, all from Ford, and it has had everything it needed. Wheel bearings were done recently, cam belt done 10K ago, new wheels on the nearside too, plus pads and discs 5K ago. I just cant believe I got myself such a bargain!

Its had a respray on the OSF wing but there appears to be lacquer all across the top of the headlight, does anyone know how it can be removed, it really spoils the car?

Hello and welcome! Sounds like you've found a bit of a gem there and from a really genuine seller! Not many people would go to the trouble of putting a new MOT on for the buyer and then putting on a new tyre as well! Enjoy! :grin:

Back