Hello from Lancashire

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

karlc145

Hi all, i'm karl and i've just bought a y reg 1.7 puma in red. its our 3rd 1.7 and i already love driving it.. Thinking of doing a few trackdays in it as i used to race bikes and am much happier on 4 wheels these days.. Whats the quickest cheapest way to get a little bit more out of the puma without gutting it?? cheers karl

Removal of the spare tyre and carrrier and holder should say you about 15kg or so? But that's off the back end - dont really want any more persuasion to lose the backend in the wet..

Hi Karl
Try a four branch exhaust manifold and sports cat or de-cat that'll give you a bit more poke.
Barry

Cheers barry, first job will be to get a cat back racing tube and new back box.. as the centre section is looking like its getting past it.. then rear arch on drivers side needs sorting.. and belt, stat and water pump as even though it says belt was done last year i want peace of mind...

Hi Karl
Yes, belt change vital but unless you have to replace the exhaust I wouldn't touch a rear race tube until you have decided what you are doing at the front as it's the four branch that gives the horsepower increase and will determine what pipe you need further back.
Also, good luck with the rust.
Barry

Back