Help on new car purchase please

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mikeFRP

Hi.

I'm in the look out for a new car as my 14 year old laguna with over 150k on the clock doesn't have too much life left in it!

The car has to be spacious, child friendly and reliable. I will be also doing alot of miles for work in the near future so economical is also important.

I have spotted this where I've bought cars from in the past and quite like the look of it. 7 seats, back 5 fold flat so I can store all my equipment when working. £120 road tax is a bonus and over 50mpg. Car is basically brand new with only 21k on the clock.

I would like some mod cons too like air con, cruise control etc.

I would be doing hp and wanting to pay over 3 years and close to £200 per month would be the limit. This car is £209 per month and should get abit knocked off and trade in my old car too.

I'm really not bothered about having the best handling/ fastest mpv. To me this is just a car for getting a to b. My Frp is for doing it with a smile on my face!

So has anybody had any experience with the Citroën c4 grand Picasso? Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Mike

Forgot to actually link the car I'm looking at in, lol. Guess thats what doing 3am baby feeds does to you, haha

Here it is

http://www.apcolecarsales.co.uk/used-citroen-c4-wigan-manchester-392917" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

No experience with that model. I have an 8 seat, 3.0L Turbo diesel Toyota Hiace Regius, certainly not ecconomical !!
My brother has a Picasso and loves it. What about a Galaxy ?

Was thinking galaxy or s max. But for similar year, mileage and extras they are like 15k and up. Way out my price range. :(

Only have experience with Xsara Picasso's. They're fine for the jobs you're wanting it to do, just dull.

I took one for a test drive once, Some electrical gremlins and the fact that the ride actually made the kids feel car sick put me off. You won't go far wrong with an S-Max fantastic car

Ah rite, was that just because of the wobbly handling? If I had a bigger budget I would go for the s max. However its too expensive and out of my budget. I would have to get alot older, higher mileage car and I'm looking to keep this for a good few years.

Yes the ride is really soft also the centre of the steering wheel doesn't move so it sends your eyes funny!

The really soft suspension wouldn't put me off I don't think as it is on the laguna. The steering wheel would be very strange I think. Will have to test that out on a test drive.

Does anybody know what the reliability is like? Engine, etc. Is it just the electronic niggles?

We had a C3 with the 1.4 Citroen Diesel and it ran to 180,000 (from memory) in six years with very little aggravation. Very economical also.

Drive it.

Thanks for the help guys, much appreciated. :)

Rx8 would be nice, unfortunately I couldn't justify it :(

Funnily enough the first car to have a steering hub that didn't move was a Ford the 1958 Edsel

Back