Hi All!! Pick up my new Puma on tuesday!!

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bazookachicken

Hello there and let me say thanks already for a great community!
I've been lurking for a short while and picking up useful info and I've finally found my new car.
It's a 2001 X plate 1.7 in green with the lux pack 62k on the clock for what I think is a very reasonable £2k, the car appears to be in great condition the paint is great with no rust on the rear arches full history and even all 3 keys.
Being a black country lad I think my first port of call will be Pumabuild for a cambelt service and to have a full set of powerflex bushes more for piece of mind than anything.
And then just a couple of minor jobs 4 new matching tyres the one's on there are ok fronts are avons and rears are firestone but I'd prefer 4 matching (any sugestions? I was thinking Pirelli or Continental's probably as they were probably on there originally?)
Parcel shelf mod, 4 wheel laser alignment, source 2 grommets for the door card handle screws as they are missing (anyone know a part number?) and replace the steering wheel (it's the only bad point I picked up on the car it looks like someone has cleaned the wheel at some point and got the leather bits wet or something as they seem to have gone almost lumpy?) anyway found a wheel for about £50 NOS so I can live with that.
And that's about it really, I'm finally back with my love of fords after a few years away on the Audi scene with an old school 300bhp S2 (Brute power and 4wheel drive just can't make up for handling!!)

Looking forward to settling in and becoming part of the Puma scene

Rich

Hey mate and welcome along!! :D

Sounds like you got a reasonable deal indeed...
Glad to see you got your 'list' prioritised as regurards with cambelt etc... :eek:k

As regard to the steering wheel... its a common thing on the puma for the wheel to melt.... majority of puma owners have this (like myself) or have had this...

Where abouts are you located?

Zara

Welcome Rich - sounds like you've got yourself a little minter. Rare to still have the 3 keys!

As Zara said, get the cambelt done first if it's an unknown quantity.
Tyres? Depends how you drive really. Any of the main brands will give you confidence.
Have a look at http://www.camskill.co.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; for some great prices and get them fitted locally.
Also http://www.tyrereviews.co.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; is a great place to read real reviews from drivers on tyres.

Sounds as though you've done your research though! :eek:k:

Welcome to the site Rich :)

Good work on the new car!

As above really and if you have any questions feel free to ask.

Sorry I do not know that part number for those bits. Seems as though they often fall out.

Hi and thanks for the welcome, it sounds like none of the little points are out of the ordinary then like the wheel and grommets and I've just managed to sort a brand new wheel from a bloke in gloucester for £50!
Looking forward to tuesday and just a busy couple of days polishing and cleaning to get the old Audi ready for sale inbetween :grin:
Thanks again it's always nice to find a good online community with a car, they can be a wealth of knowledge.
I'll post some pics once I have it!!

Pics will be good and if you have any questions please feel free to ask :D

Enjoy your stay here!

ahhhh yeah forgot about jan and feb, just forget what i put LOL :p

Yup Jan 2001 it was first registered.
Looking forward to tomorrow now!! Shame the weather has put pay to a clean and polish session for the Audi but what can you do?

Well I picked it up today and first impressions are great!!
Went straight from the garage to the alignment place near me in Stourbridge and had the tracking done it was only slightly out but now it feels sharp as a pin to drive, no knocks rattles or clunks of any kind. And it gave me a good chance to see the car up on a ramp and no issues lurking from what I saw.
I managed to put about 70 miles on it this afternoon down some of my favorite roads nearby and all was well.
So that's about it joined the club, next step is to shift the old audi, get a cam belt service done and a good polish and hopefully some good happy motoring
:grin:

Great news!

Now you'll have aching cheeks through grinning so much and you'll find yourself parking up and giving it the "look back" lol

Enjoy!

:D

I do that all the time.... but shes kept in the garage now... :(
so I cant stand and stare at her out my windows lol!

I keep looking at pictures of my FRP on my laptop.... I think I need some help.

(Although I haven't driven her in nearly three months :( )

Latest posts

Back