HI, I picked up a nov 2001 Thunder today and love it!

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scofield.1

I had a great 100 mile journey home which was far better than the three and a half hours on the train to collect! I was rushed by the trader, it was parked by the side of a road, it was pooring wiht rain, I had no time to really check the MOT's and receipts etc I did all those things I would tell others not to do! But hey, I had made my mind up before i even sore it!

So, what have i noticed so far...

The fuel gauge is working backwards.. literally, warning light on when full, went off as the fuel guage went up not down!!

A little rust on rear arches more on the inner door frame in the corner and a scuff to one panel.

Plastic cover missing from passenger seat.

Alloys have seen better days.

On the good side....

Cool air kit on it, sounds amazing! Stereo is standard but sounds great, tyres all good electrics all working No cracks in glass. leather all cool and in good nick. even the carpets are ok!

So, anyone who wants to chat about Pumas with a newbie, I am here and will not get bored!!

Gary

well happy to recieve emails :)

Alreet and welcome along :)

Thanks for the PM i'll keep an eye out, theres a few of us around the Leics/Lough area!

the few niggles you could probably sort on flea bay, I have a few friends who have garages and know people if you ever needed anything :)

Glad you love the Puma!

Welcome!

I am just over 1 week into my PUMA ownership, and let me tell you, it get's better!

Draw yourself up a list of everything you want to put right and improve on the car, then you can sort each one as time and cash allows and see your cat go from strength to strength. :)

Cheers.

Hi and welcome, fellow Thunder owner! :thumbs:

Cheers for the PM about gel badges - show us a pic when you've got them on!

welcome!

how does Zara know you are in the Leics/Lough area?!

if you are then look out for an announcement about the next Leics meet - I just need to check a couple of things and then I will reveal the date!

BenF said:
welcome!

how does Zara know you are in the Leics/Lough area?!

if you are then look out for an announcement about the next Leics meet - I just need to check a couple of things and then I will reveal the date!

via PM as it says in my post ;)

Hi, I can help with one thing having done the same with a Fiesta mk5....

...if the fuel gauge works the wrong way, it is more than likely that a sender and pump has been popped into the tank for an analogue dash board (or vice versa). Therefore if you get another fuel sender from a model that has the same dashboard odometer electronics you'll be fine!

Welcome to the site! Theres got to be more from Leicester way than anywhere else, Im always seeing pumas now!

scofield.1 said:
I had a great 100 mile journey home which was far better than the three and a half hours on the train to collect! I was rushed by the trader, it was parked by the side of a road, it was pooring wiht rain, I had no time to really check the MOT's and receipts etc I did all those things I would tell others not to do!

This is exactly the same as when I picked my FRP, then promptly got suck in a traffic jam, for 1/2 hour!

Back