How low did you go?

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

raggamuffin

I'll be uprating the suspension at some point after the engine rebuild. My last puma bottomed out on standard dampers/springs with a Piper exhaust/manifold filled. Could've been to shoddy fitment, I'm not sure.

Either way, how much have you dropped your puma by and has it made driving it more enjoyable or a bit more of a chore?

Also, what brands do you recommend or recommend avoiding when looking at aftermarket springs/dampers. I've seen some eBay bargains, but I imagine you get what you pay for.

Ed

Don't the piper exhaust/manifold actually hang lower than standard anyway..?

I've only ever had AP coilovers. Not specifically by choice but because that's what I could afford second hand at the time. The APs were good but obviously the lower you go the harder the ride gets!

If you want a lower ride without the harshness you may need to go for something like AVO. Barry on here has some he may be able to comment on..

Ebay deals... yes, you get what you pay for.
Not relevant to the Puma directly, but I own a Mk4 Golf Diesel which the previous owner fitted with a set of 'Ebay' coilovers. In all his wisdom he slammed it to it's lowest setting and even that low the ride is soft and wallowy. I'm likely going to revert back to standard...

For the shear amount the suspension could cost if it isn't what you want, I would buy something that's recommended and good quality and only buy it once.

Latest posts

Back