Money on the side

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

raggamuffin

Hi all,

Asides from the 9-5, or whatever hours we work, does anyone make money on the side? I've drawn for 10 years or so and I really enjoy it. I know, and people around me know that the talent is there, but I've never gone out to try and sell it. I figured local arts and craft fairs with a table or 2 and prints on display could net me some extra income.

If I pushed myself enough I know I could wind up only having to work part time to guarantee my monthly bills were paid and make the extra from selling at fairs and online. Too much hesitancy and self doubt over the years made it a monumental ballache to get prints made and set about ever really considering it a viable option.

Studying art at college didn't occur. Teachers and my parents back in the GCSE days said it wasn't a viable or career friendly path to follow. In many ways it was a blessing in disguise. Back then art was all about copying what you saw around you.

Years later I just started to draw from my imagination. It worked out a lot better:

11805838_892881154124243_1293124723_n.jpg

Anyways, once the Puma project is paid off I figure 5-600 to cover bullk buying frames, mounting card and poster tubes for posting items. Then I can try weekend craft fairs and setting up an Etsy and other sites. I figure with FB adverts and also getting leaflets printed and posted door to door locally, I could rake in some extra income and promote what I love doing.

I've had 3 jobs now, office ones. It's not me, I make the best of it when I'm not getting drawn into the negativity of it all. Sometimes it feels like being back at school - a lot of cliques and office politics. Asides from the one who made the business, who's living their dream in an office?

It's not for me. More drawing and profiting from my own potential rather than working a 1-10 to enhance someone else's potential. The bosses at work are 3 brothers, each with their own business.

Life's problems and successes are self made. I need to push for mine harder.

Ed

Figured I'd bring my portfolio to work on my last week and see if anyone would be interested in buying an art print.

Got my first ever sales yesterday. 6 in total.

Ed

Now i'm setting up my website. I managed to get an awesome domain name:

www.edfoulds.art

Just working on getting the store up and running this weekend.

Ed

looks like you have some talent and are having a lot of fun!
I myself have little talent...(that didn't come out in type quite as id hoped) and only have the option of overtime at work so the tax man sees all the extra I make lol

Latest posts

Back