How much does a Puma fetch for scrap?

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beko1987

Well, hopefully at the end of this month I will have enough money to buy myself another car. Wether this will be a Puma or not depends on what's about and how much money I have.

Thing is, how much would I get for my Puma? I know it's probably virtually worthless, but would be nice to get some money back from it.

Cons:
Rusty! Drivers rear arch is hanging off, both sills have blebs in under the doors, I imagine the chassis is a bit peaky as well.
Will probably be on 120k by the time I have finished with it
Needs a new exhaust. GunGum won't cut it anymore
Exhaust heat-shield fell off yesterday whilst driving through a flooded bit of road. Now tied on with wire to the backbox.
Front bumper has no paint, this came off with the pressure washer last year
Needs bushes, certainly on the rear.
ABS and TC light is on. I reckon it's the front drivers side. Never bothered me in the 4 months it's been on though when the caliper failed.
Engine light's been on for the past 18k/pretty much all of my ownership. Got it read a year or so ago and I think it's a lambda, although I replaced the one on the manifold and they didn't cure it.

Pro's
Nice leather interior and carpets in good condition
Engine doesn't use any oil or coolant
Recent-ish clutch
Good tyres
Tax until dec, MOT until Oct.
New second hand drivers side front caliper

Would anyone be prepared to spend real money on it, or would I be better to see what I can get for scrap from it? Did think about breaking it, but doubt I'll have the space (would been to ask parents for driveway space).

Failing that, I do have another plan up my sleeve, but that will be revealed as and when it happens. Does involve the Puma though.

Thoughts anyone? Reckon I'd get £200? If it's sold, it will keep the tax and test.

EDIT - Due to the requests of people for parts etc already, if I do end up scrapping it, I will talk to my lovely parents and see if I can blag some driveway space for a few weeks and sort people out. I'll post a thread up as and when this happens. If 'Plan B' comes to fruition, I will need some of the spares.

Are you still in Stokenchurch? I might pop over for a look...

£200 easy I would say, if the seats are as good as you say they should fetch that on their own :thumbs:

Excellent. All being well there should be a black puma up for parts in Marlow next month then. Will give the interior a good scrub out I think

Quest, there should be a detailing thread in the relevant section, about 2 years back now but search my threads where I stripped it out and cleaned it. Still looks like that now

Mine went for £140 back in November. Just do a search of the scrappies in your area and spend an hour on the phone playing them off against each other.

Latest posts

Back