how much should rear suspension bushes cost to replace?

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Roary

hi can anyone tell me how much both rear suspension bushes should cost to replace in a garage?
My car passed mot with only rear brakes to do,but was told mechanic noticed bushes seem worn and mot must have missed them????? Hmmmm?
been quoted about £350...this seems way high to me but i`m no mechanic

Whereabouts in London are you? If you're anywhere near E18 go and see Steavie (link in my signature below).

If you're near Hounslow, there's a recommended garage in our garage list (link also in my signature below).

much thanks....i`m in brixton, but E18 no problem...think i`ll go see Steavie.
My cambelt change 3 years ago cost me £450 and there its £285 :roll: :roll: :roll:
looks a great place.
thanks again, i`ll mention you when i go... :grin:

Bonus - not too far at all.

He's practically on your doorstep compared to me; I used to live in West Sussex near the South Coast and I didn't begrudge the trip up to Steavie when I needed to! Bit closer now, though - I'm in Reading, (which isn't exactly up the road from him either).

The moral of the story is: he's definitely worth a visit! :thumbs:

Yep Bonus ta.

Probably get a service and check over as well.........great stuff :grin:

If you're ever up Stevenage way, our very own Ginger Tom (above) knows his way around a Puma (I've lost count of how many he's got now - an FRP, a standard Puma with a 1.6/1.4 mashup frankenengine, an XR2 with an FRP engine in it, and an FRP shell I believe).

He's a professional HGV technician by night, and Puma mentalist by day - one of very few people I'd let anywhere my Puma with a bag of spanners and a silly grin.

thanks for the info

I thought i could trust my garage but obviously not...there you go...

theyve said other odd things before like when they changed a belt they said that not all the belts had been changed by the previous garage in their cambelt work and i should get it done again to be sure they had actually done it!

I havent done and all seems ok, it just seems too outrageous to think i got charged for nothing,but who do you believe?

Mines a nice car,got it from a mate at work and its only done 65,000 miles so it will be good to actually trust someone to touch it.

been devon and back this week no problem except needs a good clean now :thumbs:

350 seems a tad high even for a garage with high running costs... I'd say the going rate at Ford is probably around £300 ish though so it's not a million miles away from the goiong 'retail' rate for the job...

I'm sure there are plenty of places that would do it for considerably less... Iv'e generally charged £60 labour + parts in the past...but i havn't the expense of doing it for a living fortunately... i usually replaced the bolts and nuts too.. the 10.9 nylocs will be be pretty knackered when you work them back past all the corrosion... you can just run a die round the bolts tho if you want..

Rgds
Chris

Chris is another good egg you want to make friends with if you ever want to upgrade your sound system. He did a top job on my audio install, but it's a bit of a trek up to Nottingham to get the El Dude treatment!

Like your project....I`ve got a lot to do!
What I would like is to have an mp3 player connected,as sick of the drossy radio jingles and got decades of music I like now!!! but got other things to do first along the lines you mention.....upgrade and keeping car running sweet.
Mine does boot sales!!
Going to give Performance Puma a ring after Xmas as a start.

Cheers matey

judaskiss89 said:
I was just quoted £90 for the same job - I know I'm nowhere near London, but if the mechanic had said £350 to me I'd have passed out :eek:

I almost did!
Performance Puma going to do for me now. Tomorrow as it goes.Though weather may pospone now.

Saw your post yesterday...nice puma. I like the red ones. Fun ain`t they? :grin:

Zara said:
£350???!!! jesus you could do a full suspension change for that :lol:

So I`ve just found out! :lol: :roll: :grin:

Think P.P will sort me out ok though :grin:

Roary said:
judaskiss89 said:
I was just quoted £90 for the same job - I know I'm nowhere near London, but if the mechanic had said £350 to me I'd have passed out :eek:

I almost did!
Performance Puma going to do for me now. Tomorrow as it goes.Though weather may pospone now.

Saw your post yesterday...nice puma. I like the red ones. Fun ain`t they? :grin:

Yeah my baby aint been off the drive in this weather - got a lift to work instead ;) I can't wait til the weather clears up though so i can take her on a really good run, thanks, I'm biased but I think she's a beaut ;) and I always do better in a red car :wink:

Back