I Have A Hungry CD Player

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sarah

First Liane Carroll went disappearing into the CD changer never to be seen again. Today, another went. There's a bizarre grinding sound and then it comes over all,

'What? I ate your CD?! Don't talk such rubbish!' and flashes up 'No CDs' at me when I press the 'eject' button.

What do I do?

Ta

now is it by any chance a ford 6006 cd changer is it? sounds a bit similar to what mine started doing until i swapped it out for a 7" motorised LCD.

Nice unit but i suspect its on its way out. i am not sure if any of the other members have any fixing suggestions, i'd be interested if any one else knows what the actual fault is and how to fix it.

Unfortunately the 6006e unit has a proven history of being unreliable.

If it's covered under warranty, you might be able to get it repaired under that, if not, you could be looking at paying £200-£300 just for the repair, and they cost about £600 new.

I think the general advice when this happens is get rid and get a replacement unit. A standard 6000 head unit, and a separate multi-changer box is one solution, or if you have an Ipod or other mp3 player, there are many on the market that are compatible.

Ta for t'info...it's not a huge issue, as I have an iPod with 13,000 songs on that I can plug into the cigarette lighter and hey presto, Robert is your father's brother! But a bit of a pain in the arse when it eats stuff....how can I get them back? Is there a whole Narnia-esque world hidden behind my dashboard? I've already got the Aslan mane....; )

No narnia i suspect, maybe the world of Tron... Dunno how to get them back without a screw driver and strip down.

I had a 6006e that had the very same problem. I found an ebay bloke that repaired it for £30 with delivery. (Can't seem to find him now - will keep looking) There's a pin in it that bends and buggers the cd shifting mechanism.

Sarah said:
But a bit of a pain in the arse when it eats stuff....how can I get them back?

Hammer and chisel (literally) worked for me in getting my KYLIE and STEPS CDs back from the dash mounted Triffid...
The discs were actually worth more than the player to me.

BOK said:
Sarah said:
But a bit of a pain in the arse when it eats stuff....how can I get them back?

Hammer and chisel (literally) worked for me in getting my KYLIE and STEPS CDs back from the dash mounted Triffid...
The discs were actually worth more than the player to me.

Hopefully that was some sort of sick joke Bok?

I like the tron idea :)

Back