I think I may need a new car soon!

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well I am in a similar position!

I have only recently purchased my FRP and can do about 140 -210 miles per week. I still have my old car ( A Rover 200 ) which is still as reliable as anything so I have considered getting re-insured on it to save some mileage. But then trying to work out the cost of insuring 2 cars and putting petrol in 2 cars it does seem like it could be quite a bit more to be honest.

I mean yeah it is putting more mileage/wear and tear on the car, but HEY! Its a frikin awesome car to be driving all the time! I love it, and I would know if I did drive the Rover all the time i'd be thinking "I wish I was driving my FRP right now".

Whilst talking about mileage, I have done over 400 miles in a day and a half! It has been the ultimate test for the car! I have checked for additional stone chipping everytime I have got out the car lol, luckily there have been none!!

The rear arches are due a respray soon anyway. :)

In response to the above.

You might be able to get a 2 car policy or limit the mileage on both cars, maybe you'd see a reasonable price then.

As for filling up two cars, yea you would but you can only use petrol out of one at a time.

At least the rover falls into the lower tax bracket.

Maybe get some quotes?

We could use the rover as a mile dog and both chip in for the fuel etc? Hmm something to think about.

Neil, not meaning to rain on your parade but i wouldnt touch a Renault with a 10 foot pole.

:eek: lol.

I had a megane for 2 years which was had no major problems before I crashed it.

MrsClio has .. well .. a clio (name gives it away a bit) and although it judders a bit it's been a good car for her for pottering about with the occasional long trip etc.

Im glad im home with Ford now though but out of the french brands Renault would be my preference.

(I had a 106 too which in all honesty was a cool little car)

I know too many people with too many problems when it comes to french stuff. Renaults and Pugs are by far the worst.

Aren't Citroen and Peugeot the same company though so surely they fall in the same bracket?

Now they are yes. Older citreons like the ZX are a bit better. Incredibly basic, and bloody ugly when you consider the AX was out at the same timeas the KA, but they were pretty reliable.

DradusContact said:
Now they are yes. Older citreons like the ZX are a bit better. Incredibly basic, and bloody ugly when you consider the AX was out at the same timeas the KA, but they were pretty reliable.

My best mate's brother has a Citroen AX 1.5D, he bought it for £100 over a year ago and it has tape around all the arches covering bad rust etc etc, but it's not gone wrong and has been so cheap for him to run. Can;t say fairer than that if you just want cheap motoring for a while.

Cheap motoring is what I want :)

Aiden - just keep an eye out for stone chips on the FRP. Mine was pretty much free of them when I picked it up, but two months of motorway commuting have totally ruined the front ;)

Well, my quest is not going well. Many cars I went to view yesterday weren't that far away from scrapyard fodder.

The clio wasn't too bad, but both rear arches had been resprayed (badly), and the clutch was knackered.

Perhaps I'm setting my standards too high?

Latest posts

Back