I think I may need a new car soon!

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
speaking of pugs & problems.... iv had 2 mates who have both had strength issues. one of them we jacked on a proper jacking point & the chassis bent! same one the door slumped, all by itself. but them sarah has one & its never missed a beat.....

ever thought of an old mini etc, pre 72 equals tax free & classic insurance.... downside is keeping it running....

Cheers Andy!

I'm still considering this - I've been on ebay recently looking at Ka's and basic Fiestas and the like. I just don't like driving the FRP up 170 odd miles up the motorway every week. It's got enough stone chips as it is!

Yeah, you can't go wrong with a cheap Ka or Fiesta mate!

They just keep on going. My only advice would be that, on the motorway, be "sympathetic" to the little engines lol.

Keep us updated, and if you want any more advice, just ask :)

Not all Pugs are bad, tempramental sometimes yes but so's my Puma occasionally :wink:
I love Ford and agree with Andy on the Ka/Fiesta but for driving fun, I think even over the Puma (would be close) you can't beat an older Peugeot. 05 series with a couple of exeptions. 309 too.

I have to admit, my sisters R reg Pug 106 is a fantastic little car - I love driving that thing. The only thing I would say, is that the pedals are a bit too close together, but you soon get used to that.

And I'll tell you what, for a 1.1, it's a mini-rocket!

I like the idea of a 106 - always wanted one for ages. Unfortunatley the first time I sat in one, I ended up pressing both the brake and clutch pedal with one foot.

Neil said:
I like the idea of a 106 - always wanted one for ages. Unfortunatley the first time I sat in one, I ended up pressing both the brake and clutch pedal with one foot.

Handy for those emergency stops :cool:

Like I said, the pedals are a bit too close together. But then again, I found that in the new Mini's too. Just something you'd get used to.

Well I've decided I'm definitley doing this now. I've just had a look at the front and rear arches on the FRP, and they are ruined after just one month of motorway commuting. I've seen a couple of Fiestas up near Leeming that look reasonable.

Oh, if anyone has something small (preferably 1.4 and below), and cheap (£500 max), give me shout!

I'll keep my ears to the ground Neil ;)

Cars like the one you're looking for will now be worth more and be thinner on the ground due to the economic climate.

Don't hold your hopes too high for finding one in a hurry...

Quite an underrated car the ZX. Should prove fairly reliable and has a galvanised body so rust free.

It just an ugly Peugeot 306 really.

Would be bestter if you could get the td, but i suppose you would pay more for it. Looks ok to me, and citreon are the only french brand i might consider.

Looks pretty darn clean to me. Not a bad MOT on it until january.
Is that more local to you and easy to go and have a look? (only way to really know)

Yeah, just under 20 miles away. Assuming it drives the way it looks in the pictures I'll probably have it on Saturday.

Latest posts

Back