IB5 gear box

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rnnicol

Hi folks,
Time to ask the experts. I came across an old article in fast Ford around 2012, with regards to a short shift arm from mountune for the IB5 gearbox, the article was on a mk7 fiesta zetec s, am I wrong in thinking the puma has a IB5 gearbox also, so do you think this would fit in the puma ? It's around £165, so it's an expensive experiment if it does not work. What do you think.

As above and also the puma is considered a short shift , I know a lot of people upgrading to puma gear linkage in mk2 fiestas as a cheaper alternative to the short shift kits

Harmzyxr2 said:
[post]356948[/post] As above and also the puma is considered a short shift , I know a lot of people upgrading to puma gear linkage in mk2 fiestas as a cheaper alternative to the short shift kits

I think it's kinda true. When I visited my family and drove my old Mit. Colt again, shifting gap felt more like paddling in a boat.

or you can just cut more form the rod and make a new thread on it :) that will be hella short :D

my dad was applying this mod to the old Dacia 1300 he used to have... look at this:
normal_interiorWRB5.jpg

this is the original :D that's not a boat paddling... that is a discus throw...

Back