Idle problems - new idle valve fitted now car throbs!!

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
mine was a bit fluttery I removed the MAF and gave the two wires a squirt with carb cleaner and it when from fluttery idle to steady 1000 rpm idle, hope this is of help too you.

Has the OP fixed this problem? Was the K&N filter they fitted oiled? Maybe a MAF clean may help.....

Car has been doing it again unfortunately, it pretty much drove itself home too! No need to use the accelerator peddle, revving itself. (under 2000rpm, but even going uphill it would happily pull itself up)

Makes the weird throbbing noise when moving slow too, perhaps the throttle position sensor?
Seems to only happen when the car is quite warm too (temp gauge is only around halfway, but some decent heat when bonnet is lifted up)

did u fix the problem i have ford puma 1.4 , and i changed the ICV my car now holds like 1500 rpm for 2-3 secs and then drop to 950 rpm , with the new icv it drove itself too until i press clutch and stop the car the its getting back to 950 , i dont know what to do :/

Latest posts

Back