In need of a good clean - Advice

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Flying Scotsman

So Ive never really been one for all this detailing stuff but after the car has been sat for about a year and now after the last few days the bodywork has got quite a load of greasy hand prints and grime stains from rubber seals from the rain.

So the car being Frozen White, does anyone have some advice on the best things to use for firstly, cleaning off all the marks and stains, I know soapy water isn't enough as theyre still on there, and secondly, what to use to bring the shine back into the white?

Much much sensible and practical advice on http://www.polishedbliss.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;.

Without a machine, Autoglym Super Resin polish will bring back the shine. Then protect- For white, sealant rather than wax.

PumaJay said:
Bring it up to me and my brother... for a small fee we'll have it back to its best!

Cheers for the offer Jay. I good some good advice from the king of clean Alex.
But I'm actually going to go for the motorsport look, scrapped and scratched. Its kind growing on me.

Flying Scotsman said:
PumaJay said:
Bring it up to me and my brother... for a small fee we'll have it back to its best!

Cheers for the offer Jay. I good some good advice from the king of clean Alex.
But I'm actually going to go for the motorsport look, scrapped and scratched. Its kind growing on me.

I know what you mean! I don't actully like the look of my car clean now. But if you did want an easy (quick'ish and cheap) way (under £15) of getting the paint looking great without machine polishing (plus its white so swirls will be hard to see!) just wash it as normal with whatever then use a clay bar on the whole thing, works wonders! if there's any tough marks left use a tar remover with a microfibre, autoglyms fine, just make sure you rinse it after.

Shampoo (whatever u want)
ClayBar £8
Tar Remover £5

Done.

Latest posts

Back