Indicates and hazards stopped working

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

evileye5060

Got in it this morning before mot and pressed the hazard light to check indicator and it just started buzzing the relay I assume then blew fuse so I changed the hole unit and relay now I have nothing can hear relay clicking but no indicated lights come on and when hazards are pressed you just hear relay click once any help would be great .thanks

By changed the whole unit do you mean all the stalks?

There are two different sets of stalks that are not compatible and possibly different relays that are also not compatible.

What year is your car I have stalks for sale for £20 posted as long as yours isnt an early car?

Regards
Q

Mines a 1999 analog dash I picked up another relay from scrap yard when I got the other one and now seems to be working but when I do the left indicater the lights on the dash dim and the hazard lights only work when I put the indicater to the right .

Sounds like you need new stalks I had one on my first Puma that did exactly that no hazards working on the hazard button unless an indicator was on as well.

Thread resurrection. Had a similar problem to the ones above after I took the headlights off to change bulbs. Relay buzzing and blowing fuses.. got scrappy relay and stalks to fit but didn't work. Relay buzzed and indicator, hazards, L side lights and dash light all off. Checked the headlight plug (eventually) and realised two pins had touched and fused themselves together.. prised them apart and reseated them, connected them up and all fine!

For ref it was 3 and seven in the pic above.
Posting in case someone has a similar issue and a new relay doesn't sort it!

Back