Induction kit

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

benniboi90

I'm thinking of getting another Puma in the next few moths & have been thinking about modifying it slightly. A few things I was thinking of doing are fitting a 3" back box, superchip & an induction kit.

What I'd like to know would it be worth while fitting the induction kit? I have been reading a bit online & some people say they result in a power loss, is this the case. Or could it be a power increase? I'm hoping to get around 140bhp if the induction kit adds power or 137bhp if not

Power increases from induction kits are marginal, if any and wouldn't even be noticeable. Better throttle response has been reported to be improved.
You can lose power from induction kits if the filter is heat soaked from hot air in the engine bay. A cold feed from the front would ideal.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gCi2yo4UqPI" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Might help answer your question

Hi Benni.
Better than a simple "cone filter" you would be better to use a K&N panel filter in your airbox.
Many Puma tuners do a mod to the airbox which gives you a cold air feed much like the FRP.
(search the forum for "frp airbox mod", theres plenty of info on here)

Superchipping does give you more power, but to get the kind of gains you are after you really need a "TAPE" ecu remapped with the FRP map. (And FRP cams and a FULL race exhaust system. This way you might get to 140 brake)

lose any extra weight too, as this is free speed ;-)

hope this helps, Stu..

A back box alone will give zero gains, at least a cat-back is needed for anything remotely noticeable.

I was going to change from the cat back & I think I'll just stick in a k&n filter in replace of the paper one. Also the superchip I was looking at is supposed to give a 10% power increase. I'm not too fussed about exact power but I just want a little more get up & go to have fun at traffic lights with lol

Get a 4 branch manifold for it and get rid of the cat meeee owwwww.

Latest posts

Back