Inlet/Exhaust Valves

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I thought I would treat my engine rebuild to some new valves so rather foolishly jumped in feet first bought 16 new shiny valves but when I went to fit them they were totally wrong different number of shim rings, length etc. I went back to where i purchased as I thought I had been given 1.4-1.6 by mistake but no he was adamant that they were the correct part number and showed me that his reference only show one part number for the 1.7.
I have done a bit of research but it hasn’t really thrown up anything very helpful, can anyone shed some light as I am a bit lost and have a full set of new valves for a mystery engine as he won’t refund me ax they were a special order
Thanks
Simon

Not sure if this of any help but CAAR PARTS list the following

Exhaust valve...part no..V180002 25MM HEAD DIA.....6MM STEM DIA....98,2MM LENGTH
Inlet valve...part no...V180001 30MM HEAD DIA...6MM STEM DIA...96,2 MM LENGTH

Might at least let you check the ones you have and then go back with these details.......refund based on "not fit for purpose" if nothing else

If all 16 are identical then straight away that's no good.

Ford reference is 97MF-6505-AA which is FINIS 1031007 for the exhaust and 97MF-6507-AA / 1031008 for the inlet and as above, head size differs between the sets.

Hi
Thanks for the replies, sorry for confusion the exhaust and inlet are different. The head sizes on the new ones are the same as the old ones, but the length of stems on inlets are slightly longer and they all have 3 groves at the top for the collett where as the old ones only have one.
I think those are the part numbers he ordered and that are on the boxes, I will double check and go back to him and to talk about a refund.
Thanks again
Simon

Latest posts

Back