Interior light change....

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
evilrob said:
I'm in the process of doing this myself - the electric window switches and dash switches/clock are a piece of piss; couple of screws here and there and they just pop out. You will break some door clips removing the door cards, though, so order some in preparation.

If you're not handy with a soldering iron, you can buy the switches/clock ready-modded with the colour of your choice straight off eBay or you could ask Topmansparkie on here if he'll do you a set. Or El Dude.

I came a cropper on the dash as I couldn't get the clocks out and didn't really want to go taking the steering wheel off, but I don't think there's any other way.

If you've got a digital dash you need to take a stanley knife to it and get the green filter out, then it's just a matter of replacing the bulbs with whatever colour LEDs you want. You also need to take a filter out from behind the LCD display if you've got a digi dash, which is easy to break.

I'll capture the process on camera when I get around to doing it.

Here's where I'm up to so far:

Blue LED buttons and posh temp clock:

Cloud2go%206%20Aug%202012%2022:18.jpg

Red when activated:

Blue LED door switches:

Cloud2go%206%20Aug%202012%2022:19.jpg

Rob where did you get your switch led's from? Also how easy will it be to connect up some DRL's to the extra empty fog light switch on the left if I get a fiesta one from the Bay?

Don't suppose any of you have tried making the green bits on the heater panel a different colour yet?

I only ask because we (my other half) was looking to see if it was possible and it's ended up costing him £40 to replace my new panel that he managed to snap. :-( Turns out the green is actually on the plastic and impossible to change.

I would love to have red on there instead.

:|

It's not impossible to remove the green from the heater panel. I've done it... but it's quite fiddly.

The front is attached to the back with melted plastic - drill these out and it will separate.

Remove the knobs but gently pulling away the clips that hold them in and a good firm tug should have them out.

The green is a plastic which can be cut with a knife and just pulled out.

How far you would need to go to totally dismantle it to replace the coloured plastic I don't know.

I fixed the front & back together with hot glue, where the plastic was drilled out.

Ooooo awesome :) thank you!

I think some experimenting with the old one might have to be done.

:cheer:

Back