Interior options, other Fords?

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dmd

Hi all,

I'm picking up my black Puma 1.7 tomorrow and as much as I love the body the interior could do with a little work so it looks less like my Dad's old Fiesta.

Do I have many options in terms of facias, consoles and seats from other Fords with prettier insides? I've seen a Puma cream leather interior knocking around that I wouldn't mind getting hold of if I can pick up a write off :)

im thinking along these lines too, stripped the back out but want to tidy it up

I like cream and black, does anyone know how much kicking banging and shouting it'd take to bodge a newish Fiesta into it, including dash, console, cream panels etc? Any alternatives that might get me somewhere close? I want to start off over-ambitious and find the best compromises, even if it means just getting similar seats and matching the door cards, wheel, gearstick etc.

2012-fiesta-3.jpg

I'd guess there isn't a hope in hell - the new Fiesta is a lot bigger.

I feared as much, it might just be a case of finding the seats and matching the fabric on the door cards and a couple of other bits then.

I think your best bet is to source bits from special edition Pumas. The Millenniums Recaro seats in particular are excellent, and the door cards are an easy swap.

Has anyone seen these seats anywhere? It's the only Puma I've managed to find with cream so far.

http://www.swapz.co.uk/swapz/2452551/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I never heard of cream factory leather seats, its probably one where someone had the seats recovered.Ive come accross owners who thought their standard Pumas were Thunders,standard Pumas were Black editions and even one who thought his car was a Thunder Black edition hybrid even though it was a standard car,so someone thinking there's is a one in hundred car isnt so strange.

Cheers for all the insights by the way, I'm excited to start my own project :)

I'm thinking of the same lines too, and have come to a conclusion!

This guy here has flocked the interior of his FRP, and it looks gorgeous:

IMG_1108.jpg

You could also re-trim the door cards in any material, and fit seats from special edition puma's as said above :)

Back