Iphone music on standard headunit

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mikey s

Hi people it seems my standard cd headunit has Finally been made redundant just like an old cassette player as all my tunes are now on my iphone.

I currently have use one of these wireless tx'rs however sound quality is so poor and forever trying to find a clear station.

What kits can i use to connect my iphone to my stereo purely for music. Am not fussed about power either. All im pretty much after is a discrete lead that i can pull out and either connect to the aux or charge point of the phone. Is there away connecting or splicing an aux lead to the back of the headunit.

Thanks.

Like this?

http://www.thompsonsltd.co.uk/Connects2-RCA-Aux-iPod-Adaptor-Ford-Puma-97-02/CTVFOX001.7/OEM-Head-Unit-Interface/Ford" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I can confirm those work fine. I fitted one in mine a few months back and works fine - you just has to decide how/where to exit and dangle the lead :grin:

I just use one of them itrip thingies (when I can be bothered to listen to music) where you just pick any frequency and then set the same frequency on the radio. Means other people in traffic jams can also listen to your music if they wish....lol.

Yea thats what i meant by wireless/ radio transmitter but sound quality is poor and for some reason i get a lot of distortion noise i.e when you hold a phone up against a speaker whilst calling which i assume is the data interupting the signal. i have ordered that adapter, any tips on running that cable ant0? Was thinking out the ash tray.

Dont usually listen to radio or music on short jouneys but got a trip to harrogate on saturday and do a few trips to le touquet france a year and need my music for Motorway journeys ;)

mikey s said:
Yea thats what i meant by wireless/ radio transmitter but sound quality is poor and for some reason i get a lot of distortion noise i.e when you hold a phone up against a speaker whilst calling which i assume is the data interupting the signal.
That's exactly why I changed over from the FM thing to the cable setup, was getting loads of interference up and down the A1.
i have ordered that adapter, any tips on running that cable ant0? Was thinking out the ash tray.
I have mine poking out from just under the had unit... so I can have the cable reach the dash top when using my phone as satnav as well as stereo... but also stretches down to the gearstick cubby where my phone/music sits most of the time. But I'm thinking of re-routing it out the ashtray myself as well for tidyness (then use an extension cable with the satnav).

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/AUX-ADAPTOR-LEAD-FORD-6000CD-IPOD-MP3-TOOLS-/300541879333?pt=UK_In_Car_Technology&hash=item45f9b12425" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

£10.99 very cheap but you need to be happy with a dangling lead it includes tools to remove stereo and a free radio code for most head units. If you dont need the tools its even cheaper:)

Just got one of the above.....doesn't fit my 6000, will get in touch with company and let you know.....

Dave93.marsh said:
Will this work if you have the ford 6 disc cd?

Haven't got one.....mine looks like this....

http://jtaudio.net/product_info.php?products_id=348" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

(link).... and i think the six pack ( or this lead) would plug into the green connector.....

I wonder if i need one lof the newr head units, and do they fit....probably shouldn't be a lazy cheapskate and upgrade......but its January........

There are a few previous posts about this. use a Connects2 adapter like this. It works fine although the phono lead could do with being longer as it's a bit short to reach the top of the dash, if you install the unit inside the glovebox. It will fit through the rectangular aperture that has the glove box catch, however the lead that goes to the rear of the stereo could have been made slightly longer also.
I brought from this lot and it arrived the following day.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Aux-Input-Adaptor-FORD-Focus-KA-Explorer-Puma-Transit-CTVFOX001-/280800404981?pt=UK_In_Car_Technology&hash=item41610225f5#" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I haven't tried it with an iphone though. Only plugging into the headphone socket of an mp3 player. To get it to work, press CD twice & the stereo is kidded into thinking you are accessing a cd changer

The lead was short however popped into tesco to buy an extension aux lead female to male :| i think. Even reaches the passenger in the back seats if they want to skip through. I just velcro tied the length i didnt wsnt behind the ash tray.

if your wanting to link an idevice (iphone, ipod etc..) you could try one of these

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/160637539880?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649#ht_3552wt_1344" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

it will charge your device and you can controll track selection from the head unit

Hi people, back again to this question. I am now getting tired of seeing cables connected to my phone in the car to play music, just wondering does anyone know of a bluetooth adaptor that they can recommend.

I currently can now connect to an aux cable. Looking on the net you can buy bluetooth dongles that connect to the aux lead. However rather than buy an additional unit to stick behind the dash does anyone know of one complete bluetooth adaptor that connnects to the standard headunit.

Thanks

Mike

Would prefer to keep the standard one in but just modernise it a little which is why I'm after a bluetooth adaptor. Have tried fm transmitters but interference was a major factor which is why I decided to go for the cable route. But pulling cables out is looking messy and so would like todo without a cable.

Latest posts

Back