Is my asking price right?

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JohnA88

Just wondering what I'm asking for my Puma is fair or to much?.

http://projectpuma.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=24854" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Personally I'd say too much as my 2 cost me £200 and £300 with issues and have still cost me less to get to where yours is now...
However, price is a sensitive thing and somebody might pay just a tad less or more than someone else

With this kind of age car it's worth what someone is willing to pay for it. The price you've set isn't outrageous and I'd personally be very wary of anything sub £500.

Yeah I get what you're both saying to be fair I do think it's a fair price what with the work it's had in the last week and the tax isn't cheap either. Might of just chose to list it at the wrong time what with Easter just gone and all.

If the scuffs and scratches aren't too deep, you may be able to polish them out, which would help saleability, if not the price.

In your favour you've got low mileage and good history, working against you is the cosmetics. People will factor in the cost of sorting out the bottoms of the wings and the scratches when looking, and may decide that the cost of getting these sorted, plus the price of the car is too much for 'just' a puma.

So you may be a little bit over, as I've seen similar mileage, younger cars, with less cosmetic issues for a little less than you're asking. Have a look around autotrader, pistonheads and ebay, see what similar condition/age pumas are going for, remembering that traders will always inflate their prices a little.

Cherie said:
If the scuffs and scratches aren't too deep, you may be able to polish them out, which would help saleability, if not the price.

In your favour you've got low mileage and good history, working against you is the cosmetics. People will factor in the cost of sorting out the bottoms of the wings and the scratches when looking, and may decide that the cost of getting these sorted, plus the price of the car is too much for 'just' a puma.

So you may be a little bit over, as I've seen similar mileage, younger cars, with less cosmetic issues for a little less than you're asking. Have a look around autotrader, pistonheads and ebay, see what similar condition/age pumas are going for, remembering that traders will always inflate their prices a little.

Yeah I understand that the problems might put some people off thats why I've put ono next to the price so if needs be I'll knock a few quid off for the problems and a set of replacement wings as I wouldn't bother repairing them since you can get them from eBay etc for £10-£15 aside. Might have to rethink this over and start again.

Latest posts

Back