Italian Ford Puma 1.7 for Formula Driver Race

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Luca, what kind of rollcage do you have? Is your cage FIA-approved on Appendix J? I'm trying to get my car ready for the German autoslalom championships, seems pretty similar to what you take part in, which asks for this in my opinion very high spec. What brand/model of cage did you put in?

it's made by one italian producer ( GIROLA S.N.C) he haven't the puma rollcage and he built it for me at measure!
it's FIA approved and I have the serial number and the omologation sign by the producer.
it isn't ready, you have to weid it!
the most expansive part of cost for me it was to cut it at measure and the weid!
I decided to realize it in mode to i can disassemble it in case of crash!
it isn't weid to the frame, but ancorated whit bolt!
my rollcage model is normally used to the N Group
is the simplest for competition in security

if you want more information you can see the website of Girola!

now the rollcage is ready on the Puma
1512507_10202266574682202_773083334_n.jpg

1538701_3737985264025_2132012310_n.jpg

945794_3737985504031_34531913_n.jpg

1474584_10202294171292100_56075710_n.jpg

1504178_10202305861504348_1903461309_o.jpg

1495303_10202305862144364_292152693_o.jpg

Looks good mate. Thanks for the info. I will send them an e-mail later this week. Just wondering; how are you going to mount your seatbelts, as I don't see a belt-bar. Are you just going to use the standard rear-seatbelt bolt? In my car I can not get the angle of the belt right (48 degree in mine, max. 45 in Appendix J advised <20 degree) without a roll cage mount.

:shock: :shock:
i've no idea! because I've pay a good builder to weid it and it say "this bar aren't important and is weight in more!"
in the project i use the rear original rear seatbelt bolt....but now i've a bad sensation!!

Sjoerd said:
Looks good mate. Thanks for the info. I will send them an e-mail later this week. Just wondering; how are you going to mount your seatbelts, as I don't see a belt-bar. Are you just going to use the standard rear-seatbelt bolt? In my car I can not get the angle of the belt right (48 degree in mine, max. 45 in Appendix J advised <20 degree) without a roll cage mount.
I talk whit the team and i've no angle rules for the simple competition I approach! :cool:

Luca87 said:
Sjoerd said:
I talk whit the team and i've no angle rules for the simple competition I approach! :cool:

Allright, that's cool. Still might be worth measuring, it's a 2 minute job and can save you considerable pain in an accident. Apparently your lower back gets an impact.

I'm waiting to create the seatbelt support!
you have any idea or tip to create it?

this week I remove some metal in the bonnet for the installation of the aerocatch, today i think to assemble and finish it!
tomorrow i'm going to assemble the seat support!

the puma is near to be ready! :cool:

i bought an other set of springs, but the car's rear are so hight!!!
i've no idea to resolve this problem!! :-(

if is possible i want a set up similar to the ford puma cup suspension!

Today I realized the inner door panel lightened! I used a 1 mm embossed PS sheet! 600g for the door!

finally the testing:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LgV5q1P1ckM" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
:p :p

in this video my second race,
i'm arrived 7' of 11...
the track was simply and it don't like me so much, and in the 3th manches has rain! my best time was in the 2nd manche but it exclude me for the final...

http://youtu.be/nsLKLwSYhCo" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

but i tested the car in the rain and she have a good feeling in the rain!
i want to create a better internal air sistem for the misted glass!!
i install a bigger fan!

in the day i want to post the photo of the final livery!

bye bye!!

hi everybody!
i'm going to upgrade my original front bush...
i'm trying to find in italy the front frp lower rear bush...
i've find the ford code 1042691... but the ford part shop can't order me!
now i'm trying to find an other type of bush used in other car, if i understand correctly, the mondeo mk3 have the same or similar bush...
you have other idea??
i can't use powerflex or floflex product

hi,
i've buy it on an italian second hand on-line shop,
but there isn't the LM3 cammes...
but an original ford couple... 38mm lift inlet and 37mm lift exhaust...are the same of my original,
I've contacted the Lightning Motorsport and he talk me the stage Three have 39,5 inlet and 39 in exhaust...

now i have some problem with the seller... :evil:

IMG_1948.jpegSo… much time pass… but i’ve continued the modifying and testing of my puma… in 2018 i’ve win the Italian Unicef competition in my category (from 1600 to 2000 standard engine)
And in the 2020 i’ve decide to build my dream and modify it with 4/1exhaust manifold, a full set of “made on spec” coil-overs from a builder near me…
Now its in my garage… and she is in a new livery but i haven’t more time for use it😩

A55B4490-434E-4776-901F-37C9BAC5F38C.jpeg
For every one want to see how i’ve made in these years, i’ve create a page in facebook and a page on instagram
#fordpumadriver
Let me know if you are follow me!

Latest posts

Back