Jacking points

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

haGGard

Hi,

Could someone tell me exactly where all the jacking points are on the Puma? A diagram would be great but if someone could tell me their locations exactly, that would be fan-dabby-dozey.

Cheers

At the risk of sounding like a curmudgeon...

I find it best to run a search, say, for "jacking points" - which returns this thread... with a nice diagram taken from the car manual.

http://www.projectpuma.com/viewtopic.php?f=65&t=4873&p=62181&hilit=jacking+points#p62181" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Ok my new question :grin: :oops:

If for example i want to jack a car up, and support the rear with axle stands, is it safe to jack one side of the rear up, then position the axel stand and support that corner of the car on it. Then proceed to jack the other rear corner of the car up, and do the same again? Or do both sides need to go up together using a jack on each side and placing the axel stands at the same time.

Cheers

Its safe enough to do it one at a time... from previous experience :eek:k:

What Zara said :eek:k:

BTW, what's Axel (Rose) got to do with anything? I'd use an axle stands myself :)

Cheers guys

Dal, Its too early to be up on my day off so my brain hasn't engaged yet lol. Just taken the puma into the garage to see what they can make of my unevenly worn tyre. They said it was unlikely to be tracking as that would normally make the tyres wear in pairs.

Oh and if you want to get picky its an axle stand :wink: :lol:

haGGard said:
Cheers guys

. They said it was unlikely to be tracking as that would normally make the tyres wear in pairs.

not necessarily...

Well ive got the car back. For those who dont know what the tyre looked like heres a photo.

10102009107.jpg

Turns out it was just the tracking apparently. Which caused all that by being 0.5 toe out i think he said. Bit unusual that the wear was so far on the inside of the wheel, any further and it would be the tyre wall lol, but should be all done now hopefully fingers crossed. Only 26 pounds too.

Latest posts

Back