Kangerooing in first

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tekz

My Puma's started kangarooing slightly when taking off slowly in first, like when your stuck in slow moving traffic. Doesn't do it when I take off how I normally do with a bit of speed.

I have cleaned the MAF, throttle body and idle control valve.

Got a new coilpack/leads/lambda on the way as they need replacing anyway.

Any other suggestions?

I'm not sure really, the car kangeroos and it feels like it might cut off sometimes.

I think you're right, I think it's the engine shaking, do you know what this is?

I'm not too mech minded but this does sound like, as Martin said, clutch 'judder'. Give her a lil more gas as you pull off.

As far as I know, its the same in most, if not all, MT cars

MT cars?

I have been giving more gas lately, a little vroom, sounds nice too but obviously uses more fuel.
I did contact the garage who replaced my clutch as my clutch seems to be developing almost like 2 biting points oddly, they said bring it round and they'll have a look at it but it's been a bit better lately so I haven't bothered.

What do you think, should I drive there for them to have a look? The garage is quite a way away.

thanks mate but I'd be embarrassed to show another Puma enthusiast my car at the moment :p, will come to see you if it gets any worse I think though, it's a new clutch, pretty sure it's developing slipping..,

It's definately slipping, going to take it round the garage that did the clutch tommorrow, do you think they will deny anythings wrong or going wrong even if it is?

evilrob said:
tekz said:
Manual Transmission?

Yeah Manual Transmission :)

I questioned it in a VW Polo i bought about 6 years back now and the guy who took me for a drive seemed to do it every time he pulled off. Hence the question being asked.

Back