Knocking rear shocks

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

perdrix

Back in 2016 I replaced the springs on my 1.7 (2001) Puma with Apex lowering springs (Eibach springs not available) from Pum People (I think a 35mm drop).

At the time I also fitted KYB 333943 shocks to the front and MonRoe 23903 shocks to the rear.

Fast forward to last week - garage reports rear shocks are "knocking" and says I should replace them with Bilstein shortened shockers (though didn't say exact p/n or series - would that be B8)? They also added that the ride would be more comfortable when done.

Anyone here who "knows" what the best fitment here is?

Thanks
David

I'd be surprised at name brand shocks failing after 2 years unless you've driven to the moon and back in that time.

I had a squeak from my Puma rear end, I replaced the shock top mounts but it's still there. I'm running standard springs/shocks.

I don't see how shortened shocks would cure a knocking sound but I'm willing to be proved wrong. Surely if you fit shorter springs over standard shocks, the shocks just operate in a slightly different area of their travel?

The only other obvious and easy thing to check would be bottom shock mount where it meets twist beam; if the mounting bolt is loose that would cause a knock. Similarly the bushing inside the bottom mount but again I'd be surprised if it's worn out.

I've had KYB front (333943) and back (341965) + Eibach Springs fitted for nearly 10 years, and have had no problems.

I need after 12 years to change my gaz shocks which i was received from England, ofc i cant rebuy them because todays prices are too much costly, i have Eibach Springs 3,5 , but i want ideas to feet new shocks to my 19 yo Puma

Latest posts

Back