lack of mods

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In expressing my opinion I just hope that people out there who have done modifications or are thinking of doing them feel more comfortable talking about them on the site. I know myself that I have been put of by the reactions and attiudes I've seen. I get more support and advice on a local car modiying forum than I do on a puma one which I think is ridiculous.

Well there have been plenty of people on here have asked for opinions on modifying, and even started their own 'Project' threads so I don't think people have been put of up to now.

So I'm afraid to say you appear to be in a minority with your opinions and views. Not that their wrong, or not welcome as that's not our style. That's your opinion to which you are perfectly welcome.

I think you'll also find that you have had far, far more 'That looks great' reactions to your car on ProjectPuma than 'that's horrible' as can be seen in the Car of the Month Polls where you have had lots of votes.

I personally look forward to hearing about and seeing the progress of your car as I think it look great, if you wish to add to it of course.

:eek:k:

iv been on this forum for a few months now and spoke of modifying my car in many ways and have received nothing but help. Opinions are always welcome when it comes to my posts, because in some cases there is a better way of doing whatever mod you are posting about.

missus-lindsay said:
I get more support and advice on a local car modiying forum than I do on a puma one which I think is ridiculous.

Not necessarily ridiculous.

A car modifying forum will have 100% of the contributors interested in modifying their cars.

A general forum for a marque will inevitably have some people who bought the car as it is and like it that way, as well as those who want to improve or personalise it.

You just keep on modifying your car and telling us about it. Some might disagree, just as you might disagree with leaving a car standard. But that's no reason to feel slighted.

Room here for everybody.

:hide:

*tries to ignore the random apostrophies*

Personally I don't have a problem with people wanting to modify their cars. It's not something I would do, but it's nice to see good examples that have obviously had a lot of care and thought put into them. It's the bad ones that most people don't like.

This is without doubt the friendliest forum I frequent. they don't even mind if my wife runs a VW!.

I understand that other people not liking thing done on your car can be off putting but it would be boring if we all liked the same things.

I hate Cheese and onion crisps for instance but I love Salt and vinegar. Oops a bit off topic there but it is lunchtime.

missus-lindsay said:
In expressing my opinion I just hope that people out there who have done modifications or are thinking of doing them feel more comfortable talking about them on the site. I know myself that I have been put of by the reactions and attiudes I've seen. I get more support and advice on a local car modiying forum than I do on a puma one which I think is ridiculous.

Just want you to know, u have my full support!!!! :D !! and guess who I'll be coming to early next year when I wanna get a bodykit!!!!! he he!!! :p

I thought a forum was about opinions and discussions. You may bring your opinion or view of something up but it doesnt mean everyone is going to agree.

Im not going to like every thing you do and you not me. But to me the point is to gain opinions and advice. Your not always going to hear what you want to hear but is that not the same in life as well. Constructive or negative you will always hear peoples views.

We all have a right to an opinion no one can stop that but taking offence in someones view/views on things will always lead to disappointment.

I hate body kits BUT why should i not be aloud to say that. Its a public forum to discuss. By posting something you are opening up a discussion

Do your friends never tell you they dont like certain things you do or say, id be surprised if they didnt. So why should it be any different on here.

Just try not to take it personally and appreciate we live in a world of different people of all different shapes sizes and opinions

Please correct me if im wrong

I've only got a few choice words on the subject:

Don't ask for opinions if you're not prepared to accept an answer that you might not like.

It's not what you do, it's the way that you do it.

If it's your car you shouldn't give a t*ss what other people think of it.

The one thing I can never get my head around is when people ask a question like "should I or shouldn't I get a spoiler?" I mean, if you had to ask the question then you obviously want one so just go and fit it! It's no good having a moan that someone doesn't like them, exactly what answer would you have wanted...?

At the end of the day it's your car and what's important is that you're happy with it :idea:

If I'd listened to other's opinions about what can I should be driving, I'd be driving a silver Golf TDi :twisted:

Instead I'm driving a (words said about my Puma) 'gay yellow girly car that's a Fiesta underneath'. I can't even be bothered to consider an answer to that opinion...

BOK said:
Instead I'm driving a (words said about my Puma) 'gay yellow girly car that's a Fiesta underneath'. I can't even be bothered to consider an answer to that opinion...

You have no idea how many times I've heard that one now (substitute yellow for black/blue obviously). I used to rise to it and get quite defensive, but I can't be bothered anymore. As Col says, I'm far more happy driving round in something that's far more unique than some dull German box.

As for spoilers, (and mods in general) I'll admit I'm usually stuck on the fence with my opinions of it. That said, I have a lot of respect for people who do modify their car - mainly as I'm not brave enough to do it myself through fear of breaking something and having to go crawling to Uncle Henry to get it fixed!

Sorry to go a bit OT there.

Back