Leather Seats

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DAN-HN

Any idea on the difficulty of fitting/installing different seats? I intend to direct swap standard cloth for standard leather ones. Cheers

It's easy - have a read of this thread:

http://www.projectpuma.com/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=4110" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

So to sum up the tools I would need for the job would be;

-T40 & T50 Torx screwdrivers
- 10mm Socket
- Spare clips (sorry what kind of clips would these be?)

Cheers ;-)

Oh and great guide many thanks! :lol:

easy easy easy

the rear seatbelt torx can be tricky

got mine fitted today and yes they make a whole lot of difference

my puma feels very luxuriuos now puts a big smile on my face and co-pilots

get some leather restorer on them to protect from cracking

how much did you pay for yours?

Managed to find someone who would supply puma leather interior in ex condition, possibly an insurance write off low milage car. I've haggled a bit and I might be able to get the set for £350 delivered to Scotland. What does everyone think of the price? Also, the only way to get that price according to him is out-with Paypal. Therefore, if I wanted to pay via paypal I would have to pay the charges/fees. So he wants me to pay via direct bank transfer or cheque, is this a risky payment method, anyone been ripped off in the past via this way?

cheers everyone in advance :-D

You can do a Paypal payment as a gift, but again, you loose the purchaser protection.

Doesn't sound like bad value, but FordFreak on PumaPeople is selling his Recaro interior for only similar money to that.

DAN-HN said:
Hey, I'm new here and just to introduce myself; Daniel, Puma '51' 1.6 Silver :grin:

http://www.projectpuma.com/viewtopic.php?p=82274#p82274" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Cheers guys, and Dal for reminding:L, em yes rear and front door cards included. So even easier for a 51' car :-D?

Anyone know where I can get these clips and what they're called?

Get them from Ford, can't recall the part numbers, but if you go in and show them on screen, it should be pretty straightforward.

When I did mine, the only ones I had a prob with were the metal clips that clip onto the bodywork just below the window, get some spare ones, as if nothing else, it shows you what shape you need to bend the originals back into.

This is what I paid in January. My original front ones were in 2 parts, 1 part retained in the door, the other on the panel. The 1044806 is 1 part and requires the previous door part to be removed:

1044806 Clip (Door Trim Panel, Front) £0.94 + VAT
6176723 Clip (Door Trim Panel, Rear) £0.65 + VAT

yeah i gave the fitter a hand who fitted mine you deffinately need two pairs of hands especially fiiting the door cards one to hold door card and the other clipping the top part in between window

i love them now there fitted i can get in with my wet dirty work clothes like today on the way home and not stress that their gettting stained a quick wipe down this weekend should have them clean

plus the cloth ones smell once they get dirty and i aint paying to get my car valeted every week

You don't need two people to fit the interior, just one that knows what they're doing is enough.

Thats the seats bought, £360 including the delivery and £10 PayPal fee (which I covered for peace of mind). Hopefully arriving early next week, so all I'll need tools wise is T40, T50 Torx screwdrivers & a 10mm Socket?? Also can anyone rate the difficulty of changing front door cards, is there any wiring involved, and its only 2 screws and the rest pops off isn't it? Cheers in advance :-D

DAN-HN said:
Thats the seats bought, £360 including the delivery and £10 PayPal fee (which I covered for peace of mind). Hopefully arriving early next week, so all I'll need tools wise is T40, T50 Torx screwdrivers & a 10mm Socket?? Also can anyone rate the difficulty of changing front door cards, is there any wiring involved, and its only 2 screws and the rest pops off isn't it? Cheers in advance :-D

3 screws
1 in door lock 1 in handle 1 lower down in centre of door card 2 were screws the door handle one was a torx

no major wiring unclip speaker and watch when reconnecting mirror switch that the pins line up fully before you push together mine got bent and i had to fiddle about for ages getting them to line up not hard to replace tho look on ebay if you break them

the real problem we had was the rear cards and belts try not to loose the original clips from rear window that hold the card tight up against the window and the bloody rear seat belts took ages unscwrewing because of the tightness and lack of room for your fingers

front seats and back simple

Back