leather thunder seats wont fit in 1.7 1997 puma---help

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rsgrant08

bought 1998 thunder seats leather,tried to have them fitted.floor pan different and they cant be fitted,tried top hat risers that didnt work either.

any ideas???????

ive been to 4 differenr garages now. :-(

No such thing as a 1998 Thunder - the Thunder was a limited run of 2,000 (1,000 in Moondust Silver, 1,000 in Magnum Grey) made in 2001 and the last of the Pumas.

Info on all the special editions available here <--- clicky.

If your seats look like this:
album_pic.php

They will have come from a Puma Black edition of which there were 1,600 I think, or a Thunder.

Reading Dan's guide over on the other forum (I posted the links to the Wiki entries on your thread over there), it seems that:

All Puma seats regardless of age are affixed to the floor with 5 bolts - one on each corner and an additional one on the corner closest to the handbrake (referred to from here on in as CCTTH); this is where all your pain comes from I think.

Early floorplan: CCTTH 12mm higher than later floorplan, mounting holes 25mm apart.
Later floorplan: CCTTH 12mm lower than early floorplan, mounting holes 80mm apart (hence needing a top hat riser which raises the floorplan by the appropriate amount and has the holes the correct distance apart).

So your issue is that the subframes on later floorplan seats (like the leather ones) extend 12mm below the floorplan in your early Puma hence why they won't fit. I don't know if it's possible to mount your 'new' seats onto your existing 'old' subframe, or you may be able to find someone who can modify the 'new' subframe for you so it's 12mm shorter in that corner?

It certainly seems like the post-1999 subframe underneath your leather seats is incompatible with your pre-1999 floorplan in any case.

Latest posts

Back