LED 'bulbs' replacing the dim candles

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You are one 100% puma 'nut' mate...
:eek:k:

I got me some of the following as mentioned earlier and BLIMEY they are bright infact they are brighter than my flippin headlights (or tealights as my mates call them).

they are'nt cheap but they are well worth a look !

Ultimate II ver B 501/T10/194 1 x 1 Watt Ultra Blue
[U501WHP5B]

at http://www.ultraleds.co.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

BOK said:
For those interested, they do an all-metal 1W sidelight fitting that is designed to survive high heat conditions (i.e. Puma headlight) and are designed to self dim should they become too hot and destroy themselves.
501whp4.jpg

They are the 501 wedge led's i bought recently, to find out they dont fit in the unit! The wedge base obvisouly fits in the holder, but the head does not squeeze in the light cluster hole.

On my Milly I shaved back the plastic sidelight holders.

This meant I could both move the sidelight fitting further forward AND allow the fitting to have a range of movement slightly up/down/left/right. The standard fitting has quite a deep fitting and the sidelight bulb actually does not actually 'point' into the centre of the small clear sidelight lens and sits quite far back from it.

So effectively both my sidelight bulbs are sitting further forward than standard AND are central inside the sidelight lens. It's diffficult to see much difference but my sidelights have a wider viewing angle than standard and are brighter, being centrally placed in the lens.

I now remember why I did this- it was when I fitted daytime running lights and converted the sidelight into an indicator and wanted the amber LED to be as visible as possible.

Hope this makes sense!

Back